Sign in to follow this  

Vectoring in a request to an Airport question...

Hello Fellow Simmers,I have a question... Let's say I'm flying in a part of the world I'm unfamiliar with and I wish to land at a nearby airport... Is there a way to contact that airport and have them vector you in to the assigned runway?I ask you this because this is possible in X-Plane... I know you can do this in FS2002 if you have previously filed for an IFR flight to a specific airport. But let's say you have real bad weather or an emergency and wish to land at a nearby airport... How can I do this? Is it possible to get vectored in? If not, is there a 3rd party program that can do this?Thanks for your assistance... Regards,Carlos

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In Flight Unlimited III you can request vectors direct to any controlled airport even without a flightplan :-outtaIn FS2002 you can use the GPS, but I'm not aware of any way to make ATC vector you, unless you're on an IFR flightplan.Don't know about X-Plane.

In Fly and Fly II you can ask for vectors, but (I think) only to your primary airport, not to any random one.

Can you file a new flight plan in FS2002 while in flight?

I did it in X-Plane it's so real.You ask ATC for vectors, they find where you are and give you headings then turn you and so on and wow, before you know it there's the runway!

Easiest way is to join VATSIM or IVAO and have real people vector you in :-)Sorry, couldn't resist.

hi,the simple anssswer is NO you cant get vectors to the nearest field when you declare a emergency,has real has it get huh?

Well guys,Thank you all for your response... I just hope that MS or any other brave soul with the knowledge and now that most SDK have been released, can fix this... Maybe have it as an addon? LAGO, are you listening????Thanks,Carlitos