Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Petter

London City airport

"yo, no airport for Bigg, killing it" this bad FLED message is generated when the airport folder is deleted but the airport entry is still in the m0xxyy.mod file.I am currently working on a mod-file editor/viewer this will help later in bug fixing without FLED.The new upload looks nicer now :-), I never managed to replace an upload, now I see it is feasible. :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

Agtim, what you said earlier about deleting certain files is very important information. Do you mind repeating it on a new thread so that everyone see this message? Especially what you said about Bembridge. Not everyone will read this far down a thread and will miss this otherwise. And when we upgrade this version (in due course) I will change the installation instructions for LCA as you suggested. Or maybe Hans has done it already!Robert.

Guest R_Driscoll

The ones I did for LCA rotate too fast - its difficult to make their movement look realistic without them wandering off their bases (there are one fixed and three moving versions). If you get close you can see the driver - but not as a proper model, just detailing on the outside to show a driver. But if you're that close, you're tailgating and will probably cause a crash. Now there's an idea after the Tiger Moth is finished, a flyable crane model. Spend all day up in a little cage, spinning around. Quentin, are you available? Now i'm waiting for the crane to swing around and clobber someoone on low approach to LCA! Cheers,RobDand check them out at night too!

Guest Ansgar

Hello Robert and Hans,I installed the package yesterday and tested it. Boy

Ansgar.You are absolute righ about this ATC.caos.I have said this before, and I will say it again.You can not have two airports beginning with the same name.This will block the oprtions when you press the spacebar asking for vectors.For the current UK-airports you have to go into "fled" and renamesome of the airports beginning with "London".For my own settings, I renamed London Gatwick to "gatwick", and alsoLondon Heathrow to "Heathrow".This is also why my uploaded airport have the name "int.Southampton".If you do this correct. the ATC meny will give you the complete listfor your flight-options.Best regards.Lars Peter.

Guest R_Driscoll

The textures are correct - the runway is 10/28 (roughly east/west). I thought I made the ATC as 10/28 as well - I will have to check. But possibly you still have the default EGLC in your regionsUK-Southairports folder - this should be deleted. Check first in case this is the problem.

Ansgar,05C/23C is the designation of all runways when they are first added to the FU3 world using FLED. 10/28 is the correct designation of the runway.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hello Lars,thank you very much for your tips! I will test this directly and let you know if that works.If that

Guest Quaxo

Hi Hans (and Robert), I have downloaded the airport (new version - 6 Mb), and was reading the readme file... There's a thing I didn't understand: why did you call your package "Uks"? That's the same name of my old package (the one which contained the "basic", model-less airports); my idea was to completely remove it when new, better versions of the airports were developed... Maybe it was better to call the package with a different name, for example LondonCity or LCA or such... Or is there some specific reason for calling it like that?CheersCristian

Well, that was my choice. Since the LCA was there already I just started editing what we had. It might be a better idea to move it out of the UKS package and ultimately get rid of that one. Any more suggestions for LCA version II? :-)best regards,Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

Thanks Ansgar, I will try to fix this for next release. Sorry guys, I blundered again. I'm going for the Guinness book of records of most little mistakes in one package. I did set the runway directions correctly at some stage, because I flew many test ILS approaches and they were correct, but somehow I have reverted to the default runway angles for the uploaded version. As to UKS as the name, Hans can't take all the credit for this either, as we discussed the name when we started LCA, and agreed to simply add-on to what was in UKS already. Now in hindsight, it would have been better to make this a separate package. But also, as far as possible, we wanted to acknowledge the great work of agtim and Cristian in starting this region, and it was always with some reluctance that we disposed of this building or that terminal that already existd there (with agtim yelling at us that these were only intended as temporary "placeholders" anyway!).But Hans has volunteered (he doesn't know this yet) to set up a complete new independent LCA, moving all of the models painstakingly one by one into the new package! He should be finished by Tuesday (just joking Hans! - don't do it!). I guess that now that London has got a bit bigger, we should set up separate packages for the two ends, the civilised end and the Docklands end (I can say that = I'm from Australia and haven't got a clue about London!). I can't make all of the models required for the Thames banks and the business areas etc, but between us we can make a few more and make it a bit more detailed. If we drop the UKS package name, possibly we could call the packages Thames (for the west end) and LCA (for the east end, named after the airport).RobD.

Guest glidernut

What ever you do, dont call one end "one end" and the other end "the other end",This is how my fileing sistem works, and it keeps me in pepetual confusion.Snaps taken useing sum of the new cfg numbers.its improving my game considerably.glidernut.:-wave

Guest Ansgar

Hello Robert,no matter, we are all good testers. ;-) Now I also find my way deeper and deeper into the structures and handling of Fled and the ILS/ATC frequencies etc.So I also found a problem with the default frequencies of London Stansted, because FU3 only can handle frequencies with a rounded resolution of minimum +/-0.05 khz!The default frequencies of Stansted are:fbo_ATIS_frequency 127.18fbo_ground_frequency 121.72fbo_tower_frequency 123.80fbo_approach_frequency 120.63Because FU3 can

Guest R_Driscoll

Nice pics glidernut! I'll have to hire you for marketing! One little thing - I don't think you have deleted the old terminal! Read agtim's advice on how to do this correctly (in this thread). Also you can just see that I've put the pushback tractor at the tailwheel of the DC3 - can you push from the tail wheel?With Stansted, Ansgar, I cheat a bit. I use the exact frequencies but I tune the tower first (at 123.80 MHz) then use ALT-f to tune the others. It works!I am redoing Stansted at the moment. A two-level main terminal, tonnes of new paint and scaffolding everywhere. Still debating about the taxiways - Andy offered to help here but my main concern is framerates - not on your computers, dear readers, but on mine. When Noah left this beast on the mountain he must have left it behind because it was too slow for him. And don't tell me to go and buy a new computer! I love my computer. It works at MY speed.I can't help much with the airport name sounds. Not my area (my area is a 2x2 m sq bit of floor in front of the computer, and the doghouse). Jon was going to do something about it (with Steffen?), but he has plenty to do at present - I think he's addicted to gliding again! Whatever happened to his BG's? Andy would be perfect for accent, based on his Avsim posts. But I think it was turning into a massive job with a low fun aspect.RobD.

Guest andy9164

This thread seems to be getting longer and longer and more complicated with delete this here and add this there.I had a standard install of UK South and have added the packages as and when they have been made available. I don't know if I am now causing problems as I having been tweaking the files as per the post.Can someone please let me know if I follow the read me for LCA is this OK or is there some other steps I need to take.ThanksAndy