Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Flattened terrain at several airfields in SanFran 2004

It seems that the batch file that was included in the SanFran 2004 pack (the one that is supposed to flatten the terrain at two airfields) is not working properly. This is just a note to say that Hans Petter Roverud has kindly uploaded a copy of my SanFran geotiles.tag file to the FU3 file library here at AVSIM. This has been split into three separate parts, plus a small batch file that is needed to join the parts back together again.Since the file is around 19Mb in size (even when zipped), it would have taken me nearly an hour to upload with my 64kbps connection :-eek Fortunately, Hans kindly offered to use his broadband connection to speed up the process :-)I have also decided to upload my Seattle 2004 pack again, so hopefully I can persuade Hans to upload a copy of my Seattle geotiles.tag file at the same time. This will be approximately 21Mb when zipped.Needless to say, a copy of my own geotiles.tag files will allow you to operate from properly elevated airfields. This also includes Coupeville NOLF.Chris Low.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have recently uploaded my Seattle 2004 pack once again to the FU3 file library. However, I have just noticed that it includes an airfield package (Pacemaker LZ) that should not be there :-fume Consequently, I have asked the library managers to remove the pack, and I will upload the corrected version later on today. This rogue package will add an extra airport icon to the map, resulting in potential problems for anyone with the outer terrain scenery installed. I am in the process of creating an airfield at this location, but at the moment there is precious little there :-eekGrrr....why can't I get this right for a change ? :-( Also, Hans has kindly uploaded a copy of my Seattle geotiles.tag file. This is required to flatten three airfields in this region (Coupeville NOLF, Clover Park TC, and Auburn Academy).Chris Low.

What is done in your geotiles.tag file, Chris ?Are the airports flatten ?B.Adamski

Bogdan,Yes, I used a more complicated routine that was explained to me by Andre and Cristian to flatten three airfields in my Seattle 2004 pack, and two airfields in my SanFran 2004 pack. The batch files that were included in the packs themselves were supposed to make this process much easier for the end user, but it appears that they do not work.Therefore, I asked Hans to upload these two geotiles.tag files to the FU3 file library (he had already asked me to send them to him).Chris Low.