Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

FU3 Add-on reviews

Has anyone here ever seen a review of ANY add-on package for Flight Unlimited 3 ? I noticed that the REVIEWS section claims to have reviews of aircraft and scenery for MSFS, Fly, X-Plane and OTHER FLIGHT SIMULATORS, but I cannot see a SINGLE review regarding add-ons for FU3.It would be nice to see something like this now and again, if for no other reason than to remind other flight simmers that an active Flight Unlimited 3 community still exists. After all, I think that the likes of Ansgar's Boeing 747-400, or Jon Point's Dash 8 deserved this kind of recognition.Maybe AVSIM Online could take a look at Ansgar's Concorde when it is released next week ? :-lolChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Good idea! I've "talked" to several people on other forums reminiscing about how things were back in the good ol' days of FU3. Since then they've moved on to more current sims and are unaware that FU3 is still "flying". In a way we can't blame them -- judging by age FU3 ought to be as obsolete as FS98.In short, they've missed out on the works of Agtim, Ansgar, Jon, Rob, Chris, Bogdan and quite a few others. It would be nice to get an Avsim review of some of the latest add-ons.best regards,Hans Petter

Grand Prix Legends was released in 1998 (a year before FU3), but the fanbase is currently MASSIVE.With respect to FU3's age, it is more closely linked with FS2000 than FS98. It was FU2 that was compared with FS98....if you remember the advertisement:-Flight LIMITED (FS98)......Flight UNLIMITED (FU2) :-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

AVSIM does have a Reviews section. I think that if someone here does the actual work (text+screenshots), they would have no objections against putting it in the Reviews section. Also, they do put links to new reviews on the front page. So if someone wants to write a review, I'd think it's just a matter of emailing the AVSIM staff.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Jimmi,True, but I was referring to one of the AVSIM reviewers doing this. There is an endless supply of MSFS reviews to check out (and quite a few of FLY), but it seems that FU3 is totally ignored. I know that it isn't commercially available anymore, but many of the MSFS and FLY reviews are of FREEWARE.Anyway, it was just an observation.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png