Sign in to follow this  
agtim

Flyable T6-Model

Hi all,Don Anselmo has built a wondefull cockpit with all F2/F3 views for a T6 with blue wings but the original P51d as Model.see T6.zipThere is T6 sound available in the AVSIM library as t6_sounds.zipso my question: is there any FU3 T6 model actualy under construction ?we just need the outside model to finish this plane.Take a flight with the actual plane inside T6.zip ! :-wave agtim

Guest effyouthree

Andre,I have to admit that I have an 80% done 3D model and some stuff for it. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154651.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154652.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154653.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154654.jpgI should post it as an unfinished project, along with some others. I just realised how many I have :-rollOh well, as a fellow builder, I'm sure you have a virtual junkyard too ;-)Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest effyouthree

I'm just uploading the aircraft and some build files to the library, for anyone who may be so wonderful as to texture it and fix the flight model :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Hi Jon,Thanks for the upload, your T6 model looks greath ! I will try to finish using Don Anselmos's cockpit... well have a lot other open projects, just find out last week that the UKS x/y grid is the Ordnance Survey grid OSGB and now I found a script to convert OSGB to lat/long to fit the NASA SRTM_V2 edited elevation meshes to get so a perfect elevation fit for UKS :-) The edited SRTM V2 has edited flat lakes and areas of water. :-wave agtim

Guest effyouthree

The SRTM stuff sounds interesting. Maybe I should get into scenery/landscape stuff? I just wanna fly right now. Just zootin' around, taking screenshots of the T6 (even with the twitchy flight model) was soooo much fun ;-)BTW:*It already has "The Don's" cockpit I think. *You will have to extract the flight model from a standard P51 and modify that, as you can't edit a modified one (or shouldn't, even if it does work...). The current one is all wrong. I would re-align the 3D model to the same height as the P51 (don't forget to scale it as well - the Anim8or model is 1:20, so use '-s.05' with BSP to get it right). *When extracting the flight model, the s/w chops off the part that controls the gear door axles :-( Ansgar knows how to restore it (he did this on Dago Red). Otherwise, you're stuck with gear doors stuck to the legs. I gave up on this but with Ansgar's help, you may be able to sort it out!*The 'barn door' flaps must be modelled separately as any attempt to model one, single flap crashes BSP :-( Someone told me that different variants had different flaps but I was trying to do an SNJ-2 I think (Clay Lacy's). I even have a CD full of images that Tom sent me but I just lost the bug (too many distractions, too many requests, 2 extra teenagers - I sorta got burnt-out a bit after the DHC-6 :-roll ).*I never did any real textures for it 'coz I never got the gear and flaps 100% (geez, it was like OCD...). I shoulda stopped being a bleedin' perfectionist and just got on with it, sheesh :-rollAnyway, I hope it is useful to you and I look forward to seeing (and flying) it sometime ;-) Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

There's nothing wrong with being a perfectionist, Jon ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Jon,for SRTM stuff in OZ ask first Bruce (Roger Over)a warm welcome to the T6 in Switzerland ! http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154706.jpgNow I start learning Air Physics structure of FU3, working on the Hunter model using the Beechjet as base. Airphysic is in the last parts of the plane resource file. I am using the tool of Markus Brunner (planeunlimited.exe) This Tool generate a usefull script, too bad not to have the source to continue this work or even do a direct parameter patch program for the res files like AITableViewer for the AIs.To see the exposed boxes and airfoils I have drawn the boxes in a overall Beechjet model to learn how to define it. Gmax works fine for that.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154707.jpg :-wave agtim

Guest Motormouse

Thanks for this Jon,I might just have to dust off ye olde paint shoppe pro again!:-wavePete

It will be nice to get a suitable aircraft for the great panel that was made a long time ago. What kind of flight dynamics are we looking for? Modelwise this starts out as a Mustang and this may be in the ballpark. Has anyone got exact specification as wing/tailfin span and area, aircraft weight and engine parameters?Hans PettereditedI found this:Engine: One 550-hp Pratt & Whitney R-1340-AN-1 radial piston engine Weight: Empty 4,158 lbs., Max Takeoff 5,300 lbs. Wing Span: 42ft. 0.25in. Length: 29ft. 6in. Height: 11ft. 9in. Performance: Maximum Speed: 205 mph Ceiling: 21,500 ft. Range: 750 miles Armament: None

Guest effyouthree

H-P,The flight model (compared to the P51) needs less power and accurate surfaces (harder with rounded tips but not impossible - I did it with the R2). The existing flight model is simply basic P51 but with reduced power (i.e. the GeeBee R2's engine, which is quite close - I can post the details if warranted). The height is wrong (too high) making the 3D model float. This should be adjusted in the 3D model to match the P51 or you will not register landings (Ansgar, do we know where the datum point is set? The P51 datum makes the T6 very unstable on the ground).I think I used standard axles but maybe not? I wanted to preserve the gear door axles but I had no idea what their numbers were - nor could I get BSP to compile the model with movable gear doors :-( Again, Ansgar knows how to fix this. Just start by extracting a standard P51 flight model using the normal tools. According to Ansgar, after importing the flight model, the gear door axle hexfile is trashed so you must extract it separately from a 'virgin' P51 and reinsert it.Once the 3D model is OK (correct height, some inner cockpit polygons for seats, crew etc, gear bays etc), only then would I recommend texturing. As I found out on both the GeeBee and the Dash-8, having to remap every time I 'adjusted' the model is a pain - hence why it is currently untextured ;-) If you add or subtract textures, the order gets mixed up and you have to modify the mat.txt file as well as reload the resfile bitmaps in the new order. Just get the 3D model 100% first :-waveRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"