Sign in to follow this  
Guest VFR_Steve

FLIGHT UNLIMITED 3... ''A love affair with aviation''

Guest effyouthree

Nice shots ;-)Regards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Guest R_Driscoll

Steve, great shots. My guess is Heathrow to Cardiff? Cloud colouring is about as good as you can get with FU3 I think.Agtim, the new elevation looks great too. Very accurate. But this means I'm going to have to re-place every model in every UKS package - and there are thousands! ARRGHHHH!Robert.

Very nice. I should really take that Beechjet out for a spin myself, but there's one problem. I have finally got my copy of DANCE OF THE PLANETS working properly, so everything else (even FU3) could be taking a back seat for a while. Orbital integration of comets backwards through time (in an attempt to identify past apparitions of known short period comets with observational records) is a very exciting prospect for someone like me ;-)Christopher Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

Any chance of getting this sort of accuracy for the other sceneries? Not you agtim, but maybe you could teach someone how to do this. It would have been great with the Seattle region for example to have had that finer positioning for rivers, lake edges etc. I rhink that you did some work in this area before.Robd323.

yes this is possible for any region with NASA SRTM_V2 data.Even the original LG is not so bad, but when I look to Port Angeles using Google, then it's a big difference :-)Tutorial will follow later, after UKS elevation.The Australian region will have this kind of elevation meshes :-)Bruce is using my Tool with Lat/Long entry. :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

The difference is staggering. The Seattle scenery was close most of the time, but I think of the old Easton state airport and the problems with the lake next to it. You could follow the river up and down hills all over the place. So this new method looks like a big improvement even over the FU3 crew's original standards. I imagine that at low altitudes there would still be some discrepancy (due to the distance between elevation points) but I can't see any discrepancies in your pictures. Are you using this for the Swiss scenery too?Robert.

Guest effyouthree

In a word...WOW :-jumpyRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

Ok change of just the elevation for Seattle or SanFran is not a big problem. The tile coordinate are UTM so we can convert with the same quality, or even better because for the US we can have the data to 1 arc second and not just to 3 arc second as for Europe.Yes was using the same way to produce the elevation for Switzerland.Was not flying in the Seattle area all the last time and forgoth the quality there, but we can give then a try.Most part of the work is programming the version of the tool for the UTM conversion for Seattle and SanFran. Once the tool ready the new geoTiles.tag is done in 1 evening :-)Much more work has to be done if we want expand the region.and here a strange lake at sea level flatened by NASA.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/155690.jpgbut there is no water in it, classification is red !http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/155691.jpgStart an inspection flighthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/155692.jpgdid not find a lake, but a minehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/155693.jpgso flat that landing was possible - an airport in a mine ;-) :-wave agtim

Guest R_Driscoll

Very strange! Possibly its depth data keeps changing, since its an open cut mine. Or more likely, you have discovered the mysterious Area 51 (UKS). Its lucky you weren't shot down by F117's.Or maybe the mine gave negative heights and NASA couldn't handle that. That would spoil the the Dead Sea!Amazing work.Robert.

OK, you show me yours, I'll show you mine.....:-cool A few shots from the new Oz region, around Point Lookout, between Armidale and Coffs Harbour.This scenery uses "low res" 25 m/pixel scenery with Andre's magic SRTM2 elevation :-beerchug

Hi Bruce,Congrats, looks good and the elevation fits perfekt the shadows of the hills :-) :-wave agtim