Sign in to follow this  
Guest hazop

How does a Newbie get UKS

Guest hazop

Hi i am total newbie to sims and just got FU3.I am uk based and so am interested in the UKS setup a lot of you seem to have added on to teh program.Can someone please tell me where i can get this addon adn how to add it in. I see posts that look very complex to install new planes etc. How easy is it??I would also appreciate anyones thoughts on what is a good joystick for low to mid price range. soemthing with force feedback sounds good.Thankshazop (john)

Heh, I've been away from FU from, err... about four years, and I was just about to ask about that too. I can see a lot about 'FU3-UKS', UK scenery areas and megatiles but I can't really find anything explaining what it is or how to get/use it. Last time I looked I the only regions were SanFran and Seattle :(

I think that the "FU3-UKS Update" thread might be a good place to start, guys.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks, yes, I looked at that - I can see FU3_UKS_2006.zip, the megatiles and maps but it seems that it's an update for a previous version. It's probably obvious, but where can I get the original?

Guest Seadog

Hi Jon - Happy New YearThis "No, it's the real thing!" will be good news to those wanting UKS because the thread Chris refers to, found herehttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...15807&mode=fullcontains this warning -"But you must have a working version of FU3-UKS to start with." I understood that to mean that the new download was of no use without the prior version. Glad to see that I mis-read it.-Seadog

Guest R_Driscoll

Just to clarify, you need to get the original FU3_UKS installation (send me an email if you don't know how), which is approx 13-19 Gb (mainly maps). This is too large to post on Avsim. Most people set this up as a stand-alone new installation of FU3. Then you install following the download instructions given in the ZIP file, which involves deleting certain directories (to avoid clashes with the original models database and airports lists), then overwriting/copying the new version over the top. In other words, its a complete new separate "region", like Seattle and SanFran. Hope that helps.Robert.

Ah, thankyou, it makes a lot more sense now. 13GB+? That's probably too big for (almost) anywhere :D

Guest Seadog

Thanks from me as well, Rob, for clearing that up. I've always wondered how it was done. I already have more on my plate than I can adequately handle for the moment, but I've made a mental note of what you said.-Doug