Sign in to follow this  
juvat

Looking for some old Attack Squadron files

Tell on myself. What a dope I am.Jas has a sky.crf. I've unzipped it. Has cloud2 thru 7.bin, cumulus1 thru 5.bin. Lots of other bin files. Jas Bsp Viewer is unable to open the cloud2 thru 7 bins, reports them as being old version bins. The cumulus bins were viewable(looks like a snowball or white stone). I added cumulus_1.bin in the editor for the test mission and it doesn't appear.Attached is cumulus_1.bin in the viewer.JimB

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Guest fu3

Jim,Thanks for that. Bummer about the clouds though. Still, got me thinking, so I did the DDFix thing and there is some improvement, even if its only obvious outside the game. I'm interested to know what else it can do - I'm enjoying a bit of hacking ;)Andre,How did you convert the binfiles? Nothing I have seems to open them. Even the JAS viewer doesn't work :-rollI can see lots of axle and part references in the bin in HW:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191656.jpgPlease keep me posted :-waveRegards,Jon Point

CKPT00m.bin cant be opened with LG-tools, JAS-bin are a bit different but it was possible to load it as the first 3D-Model in a plane resource, and then you can lock at it with ResViewer and export the global model e-file (all as 1 material).http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191666.jpgUsing the ResViewer in Visual Studio Debug mode it was possible to extract the axle definitions, but when I continue the process the ResViewer will crash.This is a good start to get 3D-instruments working for FU3 :-)so here is the e-file:-wave Andre

"Jim,Thanks for that"If you need other types, just give me a holler.jimb

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Guest fu3

Thanks again, Jim. You have inadvertently got me FU3 hungry again ;)Now, if only I can get out of this dockyard and back home to do some tinkering :-rollAndre,I knew there must have been some trick - nothing at all worked for me - I was about to start cutting and pasting hex code inside binfiles ;)Unfortunately, I can't run anything properly in FU3 right now, but I got your zip file and (fingers crossed) I'll be going home in the next 24-48 hours :-jumpyI think that this weekend will involve much FU3ing...Regards,Jon Point

Guest R_Driscoll

Robert here again (just occasionally I think).Clouds made with 'bins' would be solid, yes?I made some rising smoke for the ForestFalls scenery. Glidernut complained that when he tried to fly through the smoke, he got knocked out of the air.But then he always complained about little things like that.Can we make models you can fly through?Cheers all,Robert.

Robert,Good to hear from you! We've missed your valued input around here.Cheers :-wave Bruce H

Hi Robert,nice to read you again :-)There must be a way to indicate an object as noncoliding.I have read this , but don't remember where.Best will be to reverse engineer a cloud.bin and look at the flags.:-wave Andre

Guest R_Driscoll

Hi Bruce, agtim!Yes, the models have heaps of flags near the start, so that might be the case. Wouldn't it be great to have early morning ground level fog to fly out of?There is also a flag somewhere near the start for the level of importance of the model - connected to the slider that shows more or less models. I'd love to find that, so we could designate models and control model density on slower computers. I searched for it one time but never found it. But I'm not a reverse engineer. Just a forward one - I work in chemical engineering - hence all those petrochemical models I made at one time!Robert.