Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

ILS Capture problems

hi when ever i try to land i have the ils captured however i have problems with the glidescope, i was landing into 28R KSFO and the plane didnt hold on to the glidescope, i was in an A330, i have had this problem on numerous occasions,has anyone solved the problem?thx!

Hi CheckpointCharlie. :-waveI will assume, based on your question, that you are unaware of the tome of words, written, both here and other forums, on this subject.You are experiencing the classic symptoms of G/S not capturing due to a MS change in the FS2002 autopilot.There are some that say it is

hi Kathythanks for your reply,ive been playing MSFS since 98, i have never had these problems before,yes i have read somethings about it a few months back on this board, perhaps a year ago,however i may have to buy a payware plane,do you think any of the PSS ones will work, i.e the A320's from PSS?

I do not have first hand experience with the "Bus", I lean towards the Boeings. However, there is a forum for the PSS - maybe they have an answer for you. For me, the only Boeing that will land 100% - everytime - without any intervention - using the AP - is the PIC 767.It uses an AP not dependent on the MS AP functions. I personally like to hand-fly below 10k so for me it not such a big thing. I can get the DreamFleet 734 to follow the GS most of the time when I choose to do a coupled approach - it is a wonderful aircraft as well. Oops, I have more than answered your question.

Checkpoint!The Bus is a great product however the philosophy is waywayway different than the default planes that are included with MSFS2k2.I might reccomend you start learning how to do ILS/GS with A Boeing aircraft to me they seem less complicated, the Bus is more of a automated or set it and forget it aircraft and requires you to be on the ball with your CRM(cabin resourse management) PIC767 is a good product but I would reccomend you go over to the DreamFleet website and look seriously at their 737-400 it is probably the best on the market today and it comes with a 289pg owners manual garrenteed to give you a education.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

hi Simmanwow that 737 u talk about with a near 300 page manual is something, yea i should try it out, cause actually my fav aircraft to fly is the 737 in fs2002, can you tell me how good the FMC is? i mean are all relevant SIDS/STARS included?by the way a guy named John emailed me regarding this issue and told me to capture the GS from underneath, i always capture from top, that is wait for the dot to come down, however i may try his suggestion and report back:-wave

Dreamfleet come loaded with SID/STARS a nice 45 minute tutorial (Shiolpol to Heathrow) self guided step by step via the manual and the manual free to anyone so you can read before you buy.Yes it is best to capture the GS from below, I fly into KSEA alot and the North apprch IAF GS range is 16.8 km out from the threshhold, my Jepcharts indicate my altitude should be 5k at the IAF I always approach it at 4800 and never have a problem unless I forgot to do somthing.Get the DF737 you wont be sorry DF provides the highest standards in customer service.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

that sounds really sweet, i'll check it out,do they deliver to australia?ps whats the address to this site for the 737thx

>PIC767 is a good product but I would reccomend >you go over to the DreamFleet website and look seriously at >their 737-400 it is probably the best on the market today It is difficult for me to read this sentence and not to comment. DF is a wonderful team (I admire how they handle themselves on their forum) and DF737 is a great product however I have never seen before anyone here describe PIC767 as "good/ok" and DF737 as the best. PIC767 is in fact the product that set standards because of its highly customized approach to system modelling, failures, flight director/autopilot. Their autpilot can do things that almost rival what real Boeing's autopilots can do - capturing localizer at 90 deg angle and being able to capture glideslope before the localizer. It is rock solid on glideslope with no drift visible in aircraft that use FS2002's generic autopilot. In terms of fidelity of flight modelling it is the recognized industry standard. Michael J.

wow thanks Michael,well then i will say both the 737 and PIC are really good productsthx for your help guys!

Guest cj_flys_wmu

SimMan,So true about the Airbus "Hard Limit" Philosophy vs. Boeing's "Soft Limit" Philosophy. I personally like the Boeing, Cessna, Beechcraft, Falcon, Gulfstream, and pretty much every other aircraft maunfacturers philosophy (with the execption of Airbus) of "Soft limits" :-). Take care,-C.J. Starr

hi guys ok i am back with some resultsi tried to capture from under but it still went all haywire, but this is what i have learnt and done with sweet success,i have tried this numerous times at KLAX 25R and kennedy 31Lbefore GS capture i make sure my plane is 'dirty' that is gear down and flaps set,then i ensure i am below 170 kts, i.e around 150-160ias,i have captured at this slow speed and have had perfect ils/gs capture,before i was capturing at up to 240ias and the plane could not stabilise, so i am sure there are some real world airline pilots out there who can tell me if i am now doing it right, i.e having to capture at a slow speed, or is it possible to capture at 240 ias in real life and MSFS20002 doesnt do it?p.s i also reduced my fuel from 100% to 50% when landingcomments welcome:-wave

I usually let ATC vector me for the approach. When they tell me it's clear, I engage APPR and wait. It works 98% of the time. In the default B737 I try to stay at about 145-150kts with flaps 30 and gear down. In other A/C I experiment until I find a good speed (140-150kts for the smaller jets, 160+kts with bigger ones).

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP