Sign in to follow this  
MartijnPleines

GPS database problem w/Flight1-C421 and RealityXP

Hi there,I just recently started using RealityXP's great GPS and then today the beautiful Flight1 C421. Interestingly on both GPS systems FS2002 hangs up whenever I have extensive access to the database (i. E. using "direct to" waypoint and "browsing" through the waypoint database).Did anyone ever experience that or have a clue what file it is actually accessing so that maybe I can replace a possibly damaged file?Any help would be greatly appreciated as I find these GPS's extremely great add-ons.Thanks in advance,Peterhttp://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgPIII600,512MB,Win98SE,DirectX8.1,Geforce32DDR(Det.22.80),SBlive(4.06.703)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Peter,Go to your main FS2002 directory and run the C421_BGL_Decompiler.exeThis will restore the database fresh.And like my mother used to say... dont do that anymore!!:-lolRegardsJim RhoadsFlight1

Jim,wow that was a quick reply!! Thanks a bunch, but unfortunately that didn't work. I just tried to enter a waypoint by keyboard rather than using the mouse and already after I keyed in the first letter FS2002 quit on me.I'm really worried as I assume something's wrong with any of my waypoint databases (other than the C421's), or may have become corrupted as I'm experiencing the same with RealityXP.Can any other program (i.E. Navdata1.3, FSNavigator4.5) corrupt or cause damage to the databases?Thanks again, maybe you want to continue this by email?Petepzaehringer@neo.rr.comhttp://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgPIII600,512MB,Win98SE,DirectX8.1,Geforce32DDR(Det.22.80),SBlive(4.06.703)

Pete,Sounds a little spooky.I think I might opt for an uninstall / reinstall (FS2002) if you cant resolve this shortly. I know that sounds extreme, but I see it over and over things like this and they usually get resolved with a reinstall.Sorry for the trouble you are having.Regards,Jim RhoadsFlight1

Thanks Jim.I was having problems with the database and map functions failing, probably because the Golden Eagle installer stopped responding during font registration, (and thus failing to start the database-building proces itself?) but only noticed it later after another problem (VC cockpit lighting, and as it turned out, not caused by the aborted installation or anything in the C421 itself but by a graphics setting in FS2002) had been solved; I posted about this in the Flight1 support forum too. Both lighting and GPS are working properly now! :-jumpy