Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Can't irun demo

First things first (before getting round to questions in my post just below).I have installed the demo, but when I run the exe file I always get the dreaded Windows message "X-Plane 900 Beta-19.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close ...." It always occurs in the same place during loading when the X-Plane window shows "Done with finish region" (whatever that means!).Is this as far as I am going to get with X-Plane then?Martin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I have installed the demo, but when I run the exe file I>always get the dreaded Windows message "X-Plane 900>Beta-19.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close ....">It always occurs in the same place during loading when the>X-Plane window shows "Done with finish region" (whatever that>means!).Keep in mind it's still a beta so there are some bugs.Try updating your video drivers.If it doesn't work you could try to send a bug report here:http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.htmlDescribe it as you've done in this post, but be sure to:.tell which X-Plane version (Ex. 9.00 Beta 19).attach log.txt file (found in X-Plane main folder).attach error.txt file if there's one.Marco

I will do that. The whole thing just hangs now as it starts to load - I have already reinstalled graphics & chipset drivers, but to no avail. And FS9 loads fine, so there can't be a basic problem. Ho-hum...

Had to give up with this. The "X-System" window hangs every time, sometimes almost immediately, sometimes after I get "Done Pre-Loading". The window eventually goes black and shows 'Not Responding'..Perhaps have another go at some time in the future but this is dead in the water as far as I can see..M