Sign in to follow this  
Guest vrandar

Backup your PSS files

Guest vrandar

Roy has given good advice here which applies also to the other PSS aircraft. I have also taken a backup of all my iFDG/PSS aircraft merge folders as well for the A320 family as each of them have the PSS panel.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Good idea, RoyFor the Boeings, do not forget file voronoi.dat in the Root FS9 and also the two fonts to go in Windows/fonts.I'll try and put together a complete list for the two Boeings ASAP.John Rooum

Thanks, John. And it would be great to have a source for the fonts for those of us who've experienced a hd crash, etc.Jim Harnes

Guest coolfront55

What about those of us who had to reinstall FS9 AFTER PSS, like me, went offline and can't get access to our files? I payed alot of money for these planes, and now can't get any of them. No advance info on there departure or nothing. I am 52 years old and am disappointed I bought from CHILDREN. Be MEN and respond ,please to a PAYING customer.Jorge

Guest coolfront55

PSS, the only thing I want from you are all my files I bought, Dash8, airbuses 319, 320, 321, 330, 340, 757, 777, and the liveries for each plane. Can you PLEASE let me have what is RIGHTFULLY MINE!!! Send them to my e-mail address, or give me a link or SOMETHING!!!!!! I care less about anything else!!!Jorge

Guest bjjones

Having just located full installers for all the products, ideally someone (by default that appears to be me) could make a start matching users to products, there are two things to cover first, not having any access to the user database is one, the fact the installers are all key protected, with keys I don't have is another.

If in fact pss has given up, maybe they should post the files on avsim as freeware, this would make me happy, even though we payed for them at least we would have the security of knowing that we can still install them. I know that would mean that people who have not purchased them could get them for free but really I wouldn't care as long as I knew no matter what that I could get the aircrafts I payed for if my computer fails. It is just such a chore to try to hunt down all of the pss files on my computer. I hope that they were acquired by another payware company because that would mean we wouldn't have to worry about support or redownload of our products.

Guest bjjones

>If in fact pss has given up, maybe they should post the files>on avsim as freeware, this would make me happy, even though we>payed for them at least we would have the security of knowing>that we can still install them.I dont think JustFlight would approve of that, if anything, now that JF have the items for download something would be negotiated between the two parties. As Graham said in that email that was posted here, one way or another, everyone will have access to what they've bought.

The fonts are baloo.ttf and irs___.ttf. I lost them both in a hd crash and sure would like to get them from someone.Jim Harnes

I think they will be back if you read the talked to graham forum it says that they will be back up as soon as some issues are solved.thanksAnthony

when it comes to the fonts, In control panel click the fonts icon if in xp classic view then find baloo and there was another one, but I don't remember what it was, I am not sure if you will be able to copy these so I will attach them if needed.thanksAnthony DeFrancodoes anyone know what the second font is, I know these 2 fonts are for the 757 and 777, If anyone knows what the second one is please tell us.

Guest royhedge

Luckily I had my favourite aircraft backed up when I reinstalled operating system and FS9 (BTW this is the best way to improve FS9 performance, if like me after several years of adding junk you FS stutters, loses frames rates etc) It's the only way i've found apart from spending big bucks on a new spec.Backup, and if you need to restore just copy these files back to fs9In Windows ExplorerProgram Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/PSS(Load edit, fuel planners etc in here)Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/Aircraft/PSS-A330-200....etcProgram Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/Aircraft/PSSAB-Pro Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/Gauges...All PSS StuffProgram Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/Effects...All PSS StuffC/Documents and settings/Your Name/Application data/Microsoft/FS9/Aircraft....create folders for "PSS-A330-200" etcI had to create folders for PSS-A330-200PSS-A330-300PSS-A340-200PSS-A340-300PssConcorde2004To view these folders you may have to enable them by going to tool bar..tools...Folder Options...View... Click ..show hidden files etcHope that helps you to keep your aircraft if the PSS site doesn't come back upRoy

Guest vrandar

Those posts talking of things like class action lawsuits or hosting of files elsewhere have been and will continue to be deleted. One thing puzzles me: I don't know where the idea started that PSS had an obligation to continue providing the files for download for ever. Online stores don't, simmarket for example who allow unlimited downloads for one year as far as I recall, so where does it say that PSS should allow it for ever? You downloaded the aircraft you had purchased and that first download was probably the limit of what PSS were legally required to do. What I think should have happened is that PSS should have left the site up (at least the "My Files" part of it) for a while with an announcement in bold type that it would close in x amount of time. That would have been the best way to approach this and a sensible communication alerting users to the need to re-download everything they had purchased. Sadly, for what seem like personal reasons which can affect any small company, that did not happen.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest KABINAY

>Those posts talking of things like class action lawsuits or>hosting of files elsewhere have been and will continue to be>deleted. >>One thing puzzles me: I don't know where the idea started that>PSS had an obligation to continue providing the files for>download for ever. Online stores don't, simmarket for example>who allow unlimited downloads for one year as far as I recall,>so where does it say that PSS should allow it for ever? You>downloaded the aircraft you had purchased and that first>download was probably the limit of what PSS were legally>required to do. What I think should have happened is that PSS>should have left the site up (at least the "My Files" part of>it) for a while with an announcement in bold type that it>would close in x amount of time. That would have been the best>way to approach this and a sensible communication alerting>users to the need to re-download everything they had>purchased. Sadly, for what seem like personal reasons which>can affect any small company, that did not happen.>>Rob Elliott, EGPE Inverness>PSS Support and>Airbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual >airbus@speedbirdonline.co.uk>http://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.html>http://www.bavirtual.co.ukRob,I think the difference is that when I buy a product from SimMarket I have downloaded the complete installation package and could, therefore, install without access to the SimMarket website (In theory at least and ignoring producer registrations!). With PSS the downloaded installer always needs to go to the PSS website, so installing without access to the PSS website is not possible.So unless I'd taken, what are essentially undocumented, steps to back up my purchases the products are no longer installable.That said, I do agree with you about the class action nonsense - at this stage it just provides more heat than light. Also I have huge admiration for you and the others who are trying to provide a level of support to PSS customers whilst PSS are off-air.Many thanks.Keith A-B

Jim,I thought my post went through with the uploaded fonts, but I don't see it so I'll try again.thanksAnthonyDo You have any tips for the cat 5 checkride at united? I am trying to fly it and want to be successful. If the upload doesn't work, I can e-mail you or post them on the united forum.Sorry it took so long for me to notice that the post didn't go through, I know that I uploaded the attachment once. I apologize.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.