Sign in to follow this  
Guest vrandar

Backup your PSS files

Got them. Many thanks. WRT to the CAT 5 checkride, best advice I can give is get the grading standards and practice until you meet them. Grading at that level is taken very seriously.One thing to watch out for is the PSS T7 rocket-like take off and climb and the plunge at TOD. There is a very good post on VNAV here in the new forum. Applying the techniques in that post will go a long way to achieving an excellent checkride score.Jim Harnes

Here is what I had saved once from the Pss-faqs:For a clean install it is best to remove any older files as listed below, then run the Base Installer*****************319320321 Files*****************supported in either FS2002 or FS2004FS200xAircraftPssA319PssA320PssA321FS200xAircraftPSSAB-Propanelsound.cfmsound.iaeFS200xEffectsPSS_beacon.fxPSS_Lights.fxPSS_logo.fxPSS_navred.fxPSS_navwhi.fxPSS_strobe_Airbus.fxPSS_vclight.fxFS200xGaugesPSS-a320.gauFS200xPSSAirbus A3XXFSUIPC extras NavDataFS200xPSStexturegeneri_c.bmpgeneric_l.bmpgeneric_t.bmpglass_t.bmppan_l.bmpWing_l.bmp******Dash 8******supported in either FS2002 or FS2004FS200xAircraftPSS Dash8FS200xGaugesPSS-Dash8.gauPSS-Dash8Q.gauFS200xPSSDASH 8FS200xPSSTexturepropdash8.bmpPSSDH8GAUGE_L.bmpPSSDHC8_l.bmpPSSDHC8_l2.bmpPSSDHC8_l3.bmpPSSDHC8_l4.bmpPSSDHC8_l5.bmpPSSDHC8gen_l.bmpPSSDHC8gen_t.bmpPSSDHC8pan_l.bmpPSSDHC8pan_t.bmpPSSDHC8vc_l.bmpPSSDHC8vc_t.bmp******Vulcan******supported in either FS2002 or FS2004FS200xAircraftVulcan558-2k2FS200xEffectsPSS_smokeyvl.fxPSS_smokeyvr.fxPSS_vc.fxFS200xGaugesPSS-Vulcan.gauFS200xPSSVulcan_XH558.bmpVulcan_XH558.datVulcan_XH558.cfgVulcan_XH558.lng***330***supported in either FS2002 or FS2004FS200xAircraftPSS-A330-200PSS-A330-300PSSAB-ProFS200xEffectsPSS_vc.fxFS200xGaugesPSS-A330.gauFS200xPSSAirbus A3xxFSUIPC extrasA330 panel configuration utilityA330_usageA330-A340 LoadEditA330FuelPlannerA340_usageA340FuelPlannerAPTuning330config330loadeditFS200xPSSNavDatapssaptpssawypssndbpssrwypsssidpssstarpssvorpsswptFS200xPSSTextureengine_GE_lengine_PW_lengine_RR_lengine_CFM_lgauge1_lgauge2_lOH_Lpss33_main_lpssa330_generic2_cpssa330_generic_cpssa334_generic_tvc_lwing330_l***340***supported in either FS2002 or FS2004FS200xAircraftPSS-A340-200PSS-A340-300PSSAB-ProFS200xEffectsPSS_vc.fxFS200xGaugesPSS-A330.gauFS200xPSSAirbus A3xxFSUIPC extrasA330 panel configuration utilityA330_usageA330-A340 LoadEditA330FuelPlannerA340_usageA340FuelPlannerAPTuning330config330loadeditFS200xPSSNavDatapssaptpssawypssndbpssrwypsssidpssstarpssvorpsswptFS200xPSSTextureengine_GE_lengine_PW_lengine_RR_lengine_CFM_lgauge1_lgauge2_lOH_Lpss33_main_lpssa330_generic2_cpssa330_generic_cpssa334_generic_tvc_lwing330_l-------------------Guy

Guest dave67

"Always sit at the rear of an aircraft,because they always find the Black Boxes"http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg]http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_i...e_supporter.jpg]Roy,I had to do a complete reinstall of windows just after new year,so it was a good opportunity to try out the above.Luckily i backed up all of the above and saved them into their relevant folders.My A330 and A340 fly okay so for me the panic is over as like everyone else,i had thought i had lost everythingregards Dave

Guest coolfront55

Very insightful remark was made by KABINAY. I have contributed to PSS's finacial "success"? I have alot of addons, and ALL of them simply require a KEY or nothing at all to unlock what I PURCHASED. ALL those addons I have backed up on disc with NO PROBLEMS. PSS is the only one I have bought from that requires a foolish connection to their website to get MY purchases. I would have backed them up ALONG TIME AGO if I could have. Now I have been waiting several weeks without flying my favorite aircraft, the 777. Its a shame, because I was content with the way it performed, but some expected it to BE A REAL AIRCRAFT. IT"S NOT! I love this flight sim experience. Please let me have my purchases, please.jorge

Guest coolfront55

If anyone cares, what really angers me (calmly), is I go to "JustFlight" website and see the 757 and 777 for SALE!In my opinion, all PSS has to do, is let those of us who spent a considerable amount of money know, that OUR FILES are safe and we can install them WITHOUT using THEIR DATA SERVER!!! Graham said they would be back early in the new year, WHAT THE H#@& does that mean? January, February, March, April, May? My Father taught me to be a MAN when I made mistakes! That would ALWAYS retain my dignity. So, what do you think PSS, Graham, whoever? God Speed,Jorge

Guest Knikolaes

Many thanks to Guy for providing here the structures to backup the airbuses and Dash.Has anyone the file structure for the Boeings so that i may back them up?Fortunately I bought the 777 on CD from just Flight, but my 757 is download only and I want to back her up completely before I lose track of the files.PSS going offline suddenly caught me off guard as well. It'd have been different if, as mentioned by someone else above, the installers weren't dependant on PSS servers to reinstal the product. Installers that have to do this just scare me. I have a nice chunk of financial aid coming this semester -- almost tempted to just get the CD version of the 757 -- but from what I recall when it was released on CD it did not have the latest patch. Any way of finding out for sure?Not interested in the Airbuses since they were so outdated and i am turning to Feelthere for their Airbus line.The situation with PSS is unfortunate. I really loved their work. Since no announcement was made, however, it's only logical to assess their fate is now the same as Simflyers. I hope like blazes i am wrong, because my credit card was (and is if they come back up) always ready for PSS products.

Guest Knikolaes

>Very insightful remark was made by KABINAY. I have>contributed to PSS's finacial "success"? I have alot of>addons, and ALL of them simply require a KEY or nothing at all>to unlock what I PURCHASED. ALL those addons I have backed up>on disc with NO PROBLEMS. PSS is the only one I have bought>from that requires a foolish connection to their website to>get MY purchases. I would have backed them up ALONG TIME AGO>if I could have. Now I have been waiting several weeks without>flying my favorite aircraft, the 777. Its a shame, because I>was content with the way it performed, but some expected it to>BE A REAL AIRCRAFT. IT"S NOT! I love this flight sim>experience. Please let me have my purchases, please.>>jorgeUnfortunately due to piracy, online connections are the way to go nowdays. PMDG does it with their new 744 requiring internet to at least authenticate you before the gauges will unlock. otherwise the craft will not work. Anything you buy from Flight1 requires their online authentication of you as a customer using a key file and password in order to unlock the product every time you install. Ariane requires you to at least email an activation in order to receive a key back whenever you change your hardware because that add-on is hardware based just like Windows is. FSD (I think i got that right) requires online activation for their reinstalls as well. Wilco only allows you 3 tries at a download and no download accelerators are allowed -- hard to do when they have their speeds throttled down to slower-than-dial-up speeds. Fortunately THOSE files are installers that do not need online activation.It is inevitable that the day WILL come when almost every payware developer will require online authentication. If that online company goes out of business, unfortunately there is no law that requires them to uphold support. They only have to provide support for current products while they are officially still in business, and even that has loopholes. Their by-law requirement is that you INITIALLY get the product upon purchase. Once you've made that first download and installation, nothing obligates anyone to let you download it anymore.I'm not taking sides here, but after reading some of what is in this thread, I think folks should know exactly what they are looking at as customers anytime they buy any product, FS or not, that requires online authentication per install.

Hi Chris,The JF 757 is the latest version; just a different package/installer.757 file structure going on a separate post. Re-installing is then just a straightforward copy/paste job; just as we did in the good old freeware days before installers were invented!John R

Guest coolfront55

What this means then, is we just sit and wait.NOONE has any contact with someone from PSS who could ease our fears about wether we get our files or not?Jorge

Guest Knikolaes

THANK you, John :-) I will be patiently waiting for that post -- and JF is an awesome company so I'll support them even further by going ahead and getting the CD version :-)Chris

Chris,Its been there for several hours!And, of course, I am happy to provide support for JF {I have bought some of their products, especially as they are just down the road from me (in USA terms)}.John R

Guest Knikolaes

Cool! Will search it after work (slammed here - just taking a breather). once I have the 757 backed up my entire PSS line will officially be backed up :-) Putting it al on a single DVD on my shelf. :)

Guest coolfront55

Are they open yet, PSS?jorge

Guest knack

Could someone please help me fix this 'Run-time error 380: Invalid property value' I keep getting with the 320 load editor (loadeditABPro)? The actual aircraft are working fine right down to the pesky flickering mouse pointer issue (solved by hitting Shift+9) :D The load editor has croaked on me before (fairly often) and all it has taken is an aircraft config rebuild (AFTER connecting to the now dead PSS site).Cheers! :-beerchug Tony

Guest peter54

"C/Documents and settings/Your Name/Application data/Microsoft/FS9/Aircraft...."Could somebody pls tell where to find this in Vista??? ThxPeter

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.