Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

PSS B777 Problem, need help please.

Hi,I have re-installed FS9.1, and got everything up and running again, but I am having a weird problem with the T7.I have the PSS Download version, and the gauge file version is 1.0.0But whenever I try and fire up the aircraft everything is loading up just fine, the fonts are there and the panel displays are OK, but I cannot click on any of the buttons for any of the switches.To be more precise, I can click on them, but nothing happens, IE the switches do not move. I can use the keyboard default L key to turn on the lights, and they do all come on, but the landing lights go straight off again.I can also open up the sub panels, but again I cannot tune the radio or get any of the FMC keys to accept any commands.This is only happening on the T7, the B757 is working fine.Any suggestions on how to fix this please, I have never come across this one before now.Thanks for any help or suggestions.PS I have the full registered version of FSUIPC, Ver 3.8.1.0

Steve,"Any suggestions on how to fix this please, I have never come across this one before now."Neither have I {at least not for a long time!}I'll come back tp you.John R

Make sure that you load the T7 from the default flight (cessna - 2D panel) with the electrical switches in the cessna left on. The engine may be turned off, but weird things happen if the electrical switches are off.DJ

Guest dubstar1214

>Make sure that you load the T7 from the default flight>(cessna - 2D panel) with the electrical switches in the cessna>left on. The engine may be turned off, but weird things>happen if the electrical switches are off.>>DJHad the same problem with the lights, with no lights working except the logo lights. Preloading the Cessna with the electricals on fixed the problems, thanks!

Hi Guy's.Just to let you know, I am still getting this error with the T7.even after starting with the default cessna flight I get it. FS9.1 just closes with the usual error message box saying >AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: pss-b777.gauModVer: 1.0.0.0 Offset: 0002e862any more thoughts would be very welcome.Thanks.

I don't really have a good notion of what might be happening, but let me ask a few questions:1. Do you have the FlightSimulator 9PSSboeing 777 subdirectory present? If so, what are its contents?2. Is the FlightSimulator 9AircraftPSSB77704 subirectory present? If so, what are its contents?3. What is the 'Modified' date on the PSS-B777.gau file? It should be August 31, 2006.4. Do you have the FSWXR2100.gau file? What is the version number? It should be 1.5.04.5. Were you having problems with the T7 before you re-installed FS9?DJ

Steve,I didn't realise that you were also getting a crash. That, along with none of the switches working, does suggest a mismatch somewhere in your reinstall.Worth checking DJ's list. Also I recall that the last update to the 777 included a new panel.cfg as well as the updated gauge file?I'll have a look at that one.John R

>I don't really have a good notion of what might be happening,>but let me ask a few questions:>>1. Do you have the FlightSimulator 9PSSboeing 777>subdirectory present? If so, what are its contents?>>2. Is the FlightSimulator 9AircraftPSSB77704 subirectory>present? If so, what are its contents?>>3. What is the 'Modified' date on the PSS-B777.gau file? It>should be August 31, 2006.>>4. Do you have the FSWXR2100.gau file? What is the version>number? It should be 1.5.04.>>5. Were you having problems with the T7 before you>re-installed FS9?>>DJHi,1. Do you have the FlightSimulator 9PSSboeing 777subdirectory present? If so, what are its contents?A I do have a folder called PSSB77704, this has a sub folder with a panel .cfg inside it which is dated 31/7/2006I also have a folder just called PSS, this has all the PSS files inside it such as the T7,B757 A330/340 Dash8 stuff like .bmps and .ini files2. Is the FlightSimulator 9AircraftPSSB77704 subirectorypresent? If so, what are its contents?A in there I have a folder called PSSB77704, this contains a folder called pss_vars, and a main.bmp, panel.cfg and a pedestal.bmp,there is a sub folder called Pss_vars, this has a pss_vars.xml inside of it. What is the 'Modified' date on the PSS-B777.gau file? Itshould be August 31, 2006.A Yes, mine is the same.4. Do you have the FSWXR2100.gau file? What is the versionnumber? It should be 1.5.04.A Mine is version 2.5.0.05. Were you having problems with the T7 before youre-installed FS9?A No, not at all.I am hoping that this information helps you to see what it might be, but, wasen't there a change / up-date to the WXR Radar gauge anyway when the 757 came out, and I also have the Digital Aviation Fokker 100, which also uses the WXR radar, and they were all made by florian as well.I'm hoping that it is something to do with question 1 and 2 somehow.Thank you very much for helping me in trying to find out what might be causing this to happen, I'm dying to get my T7 back in the air.

Hi again.Just a bit of info for you.I noticed in another thread that we were supposed to make sure that the voroni.dat file was in the root FS9 folder, well, I did not have one, so I just copied it over from my backup hdd to my FS9.1 root folder, Do you think this will fix it ?as soon as GE Pro has finished generating ground texture files I will fire up FS and report back.PS whats this voroni.dat file do / for anyway.Thanks.

According to Florian, PSS did some odd things with his gauge that he was not altogether happy about. The T7 is not at all happy with the later version(s) of the gauge (which is installed by at least two other payware aircraft without version checking), and it can cause some odd effects in the 757 as well. I suggest that you fall back to the old one by putting it into the panel folders of both aircraft. The voronai.dat file appears to contain navigation data for the FMC and is a critical file.DJ

Steve,We may be getting confused here. Your first post said that the 757 was ok but none of the click spots in the 777 panel were working. Later you said that FS9 was crashing when loading the 777.Firstly, voronoi.dat is an essential file for both 757 and 777. Either will crash FS9 if you attempt to load the aircraft without this file.Secondly, as DJ says the later version of the wxr radar gauge can cause problems, but again with both 757 and 777. But it might be worth checking with the original gauge.Let us know exactly what you are getting with both aircraft and I will look again at trying to find the fault.John R

Hi DJ and John.Well, I now have my T7 working perfectly again, and it's thanks to you guy's and some of the other forum posters as well.I had it seems copied everything properly, but forgot about the voroni.dat file, this seems to have been the cause of my problems.But what is confusing is that seeing as it is such an important file for not only the T7, but for the 757 too, then why did it not crash FS with the 757, just with the T7.That is strange, but hey, it's working so I am a happy camper once again.I thank you both for the time and suggestions that you have given me.I am not sure about the WXR gauge, I realise what you are both saying about it, but I have never had any problems with these aircraft before this, so I think I will leave it well alone now it is working again.Thanks both once again.PS whats the line of text we put in the FS9.1 cfg to stop the brake message showing up, I forgot it.All the best.

Add under the{Sim}section:show_brake_message=0John R

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.