Sign in to follow this  
michal

chatter "volume" in V.3

There was a question posted here by someone about "interaction" between the AI traffic in FS2002 and RC v3. I couldn't find it anymore but continuing on the similar theme I wonder about the following: 1. Will RC fully control the chatter or FS2002-generated chatter will still be there ? (I have no particular agenda here - I don't know at the moment what is better).2. I often fly with AI reduced to the minimum to avoid performance hit (I am waiting for this 3 Ghz CPU ...he,he). If I do this the chatter gets reduced as well. I wonder if it would be possible in v3 to have the AI selected at "low" but still enjoy a more normal level of chatter volume.Michael J.

Guest Scott Campbell

Mihael,1) RC will have nothing to do with the 2K2 AI except to warn you if you are about to run into it (most places). It has nothing to do with the 2K2 ATC.2) RC has it's own chatter, pre-recorded (canned) and generated from pilot and controller wavs. So the 2K2 AI/ATC interaction isn't necessary.

>It has >nothing to do with the 2K2 ATC. So I assume this to mean there will NOT be any FS2002-generated chatter. RC will be the only game in town.Michael J.

if you are on a frequency, where there is fs2k2 dialog happening, you will hear that as well. since i use the same frequencies for the different controllers as fs2k2, you will hear them, and us

Guest Scott Campbell

There are times when RC and 2K2 don't have teh same, of course, because 2K2 wants you to change to silly controllers and freqs a lot (like approach for an overflight). If you have COM2 available, set the audio panel to use that one and select "Tune to..." in the ATC window - but don't contact the 2K2 ATC! Then you hear them and RC. It's really nice.

Guest RobA

Hi JD, I find this to be true in my flying as well. I like the local AI chatter because I always hear the local airports voiced. Along with this I can set RC's chatter from low to high. Flying around Sacramento, CA I heard RC calling airline names that frequent the area. :-) Then there's the interaction of the pilot and controller going on too!! he he Fun stuff. Soon as ver 3 is out, I'm going to record the pilot's script in my own voice. Maybe you would be kind enough to forge them for me. ;-) I haven't tried Scott's method with Comm 2 because I hear enough FS AI voices as is and never considered it. I'll see what it does.Blue side up,Rob[table border=2 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta tester for http://www.jdtllc.com' target="_blank">Radar Contact] the premier ATC adventure add-on for FS

Guest Scott Campbell

Rob,I wish I could take the credit, but it was Larry who clued us in some time ago. ;-)

Guest Stamatis

Scott,"RC will have nothing to do with the 2K2 AI except to warn you if you are about to run into it (most places)."Is that so? I thought RC would not issue warnings in relation to AI aircraft. Can you please clarify?Stamatis

oh yeah, we see the ai planes, and if they are within the altitude/distance criteria, we will "warn" both of them about each other's presence

>you will hear them, and us Is then mutual jamming (or overlap) possible ?Michael J.

Guest Scott Campbell

Michael,Depends on the quality of you sound card, but you can have multiple things playing at once - like engines and flaps and multiple radios. If you use an aircraft and panel with both Com1 ad Com2, then you can already hear two radios at once - click "Com1" and "Both" in the audio panel and set com1 and com2 to different freqs (tower and ground are usually good).