Sign in to follow this  

Airline Transport Pilot check ride MSFS2002

I'm an advid RC user and would like to get my Airline Transport Pilot to expand my hobby with flight simming. I'm having troble passing the Check Ride test. I enter the holding pattern as instructed at Calverton VOR at 8000' and I go around and around and around. I don't get any further instructions from the CFI. Per her instructions: "fly 090 to Calverton VOR, right turn...you can enter the hold by flying 060 for one minute then intercept the VOR then turn right to intercept the radial" That's the last I hear from her!Reference SIMChart ISLIP, NY ILS Rwy 6 Long Island MacARTHUR.I need to get a response from someone that has PASSED the check ride for the Airline Transport Pilot certificate.Frustrated Gabe

There's a bug with that checkride, when enterning the Hold over calverton turn LEFT heading 060 for one minute, then turn right back to the VOR. do NOT (this is really important) do NOT fly directly over the VOR on your way back (there's a bug as I told you with this checkride) just make sure the VOR is to your left side (2nm aprox) and turn 090 into the HOLD for your first pattern when the needle points exactly left (2 nm) next time use another forum to post this kind of questions, this is the RC Forum :)

Guest Scott Campbell

Yeah, but we do know a thing or three about holding in here. 'Course what we're thinking is "Well, MS has that completely wrong again". :-lol

>next time use another forum to post this >kind of questions, this is the RC Forum :) And don't encourage him by answering his off-topic questions. :)Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]

I want to thank you so very much for helping me out with this problem. I was reluctant to post this with my RC friends and I posted it in another forum with no replies. It was in desperation to use RC for the answer to my problem. I appoligize for taking advantange of this forum and further questions will be related to RC problem or comments only.Thanks again, Sincerely,Gabe

no problem, i'm pretty pleased with the wealth, depth and breadth of knowledge that is in this group. happy to see that WE were able to answer your question!

Guest Scott Campbell

Gabe,No, no. It's a joke. We're all more than happy to have these kind of questions in here.I couldn't answer because I didn't have one. I never flew the check rides. But I would have had I had one had.

Thank you Scott for your comments it's well appreciated. I anxiously got started to followed the instructions in the first post regarding my problem with the holding situation to pass the check ride. I have the same problem. After properly entering the hold there are no further instructions after being in the holding pattern for four laps. I'm going to accept the fact that there is a BUG in the checkride and give up on passing the test. However, I will be on the look out for someone who has passed the test to get their comments.(I have never been so satified as I am with the Radar Contact.....the realizium can not match anything on the market).My very best success with the developement of version 3.0Gabe