Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scott Campbell

From the 'Only in America' category - it had to happen.

Guest Scott Campbell

You know it had to happen someday.Hooters Air soon to be in business. After the Hooters of America deal to purchase the bankrupt Vanguard Airlines fell through, Hooters, Inc. Chairman Bob Brooks has purchased Pace airlines.From the Hooter's news release:[blockquote]Today, Hooters of America, Inc. announced that an entity owned by its chairman Bob Brooks has acquired Winston-Salem, NC based carrier Pace Airlines. Brooks intends to establish a charter air service that will operate under the name Hooters Air in the future to provide leisure travel services for the golf industry and to serve Myrtle Beach, SC as a prime destination. The extent to which the famous restaurant's brand representation will be used in that operation, beyond the name, is a work in progress.Pace was formed by management of the former Piedmont Airlines following the acquisition of Piedmont's commercial airline operation by US Air in 1989. Pace, which currently controls 17 aircraft (15 Boeing 737s and 2 Boeing 757s), provides charter air services for various sports teams, corporate shuttle customers and scheduled charter service for tour operators. Pace's current operations and programs will continue and any new Hooters service introduced will be operated as a separate program.[/blockquote]Full Story: http://hooters.com/news_and_sports/I can't wait to see a Hooters jet flying next to a Virgin one.Think they award frequent mile-high club points?Only in America. I love this country. ;-)

Wow! :-eek :-eekI should investigate dispatch career opportunities with them since I'm already current and qualified on the 737 and 757!! :7 :7Mike CKPHX

Guest RobA

Looking forward to the first repaint. ;-)Rob

Can someone explain all this to a poor, ignorant Brit :-lolI don't thimk we have Hooter's across here ;-)All the best,John

dispatch one over here.you think the planes will be painted orange, and have their gears peaking out from the undercarriage?

Guest Scott Campbell

Here you go, from the Fun Stuff section:Hooters BootcampA behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to become a Hooters Girl.I'm guessing two of something big, something tight and something well shaped.I don't think knowledge of the burgers is required.Actually, it's pointless of me to even try to make a joke about this since it IS a joke about this! :-lol[br][br][br][br][br]As a side note. The Hooters' of Boulder closed due to lack of interest. Tell you something about the quality of the view in Boulder? ;-)

Thanks Scott,I think I got the general idea :-lolJohn

How current are you on dispatching Hooter girls? Uh..well..ummm..ok, not current, but still qualified! :7Gives a whole new meaning to doing a few "touch and go's" to remain current eh? :-lolMike CKPHX