Sign in to follow this  
jd

3.01 has a problem - post it here

>remember, a bug report without a dat is like a day without >sunshine Ahh, a fine day for flight-simming ;-)

Guest Lobaeux4

So far so good, no runtime errors, but I may have found a small problem. I've Alt-Tab out of FS, to check AVSIM. RC won't go to the next waypoint while I'm out of FS. Ver 3.0 didn't have this problem, ver 3.0 kept running while I alt-tabbed out, ver 3.1 won't. I think that might be part of my problem. On those long flights I like to check the forum boards, now ver 3.1 won't allow that. Anyone else run into this problem?Lobaeux

Guest Scott Campbell

Lobaeux ,It's 3.01, not 3.1. And when I go to the desktop, RC continues to work just fine.

Guest Lobaeux4

Yep, my fault, typo, 3.01 is the ver. Tell me, are you running RC on the same computer as FS or is it on WideFS? I just checked to see if I was right, I'm looking at Show AdvDisp Text, and my next waypoint (VLM) has remained at 40m/335/11430. When I click back on to FS, it updates itself. This time, I clicked back into FS, asked for dir, the speech gave me direct to my next point, but it never updated itself on the text. I'm sure it's not the Show AdvDisp Text, since 3.0 passed me off to the next controller when alt-tabbed out of FS, 3.01 does not.Lobaeux

Guest Scott Campbell

Lobaeux,That's very odd. When you go to the desktop, see if RC is still responding by CTRL-ALT-DEL.Are you hearing any chatter, or ATC commands or anything?

Guest Lobaeux4

It still responds, but I get no chatter, no ATC instructions no nothing, but I just finished a flight, and I noticed that the distance to go markers, on both RC and Activesky WXRE, did not move. I'm thinking it might be a problem with WideFS now. I'm going to go ahead and redownload WideFS (I have the newest one installed) and see if that's a cause of my problem.Thanks, I'll report back later (just another reason to fly,lol)Lobaeux

Guest GaryB

Works just fine at realtime, so clock up another "RC 3.01 works for me!"Gary

Hi JDI've flown about 10 flights since the upgrade to 3.01 all at alt.of 14000 to 17000ft. Ver.3.01 worked perfect on all flights with the exception of the triple altimeter callouts. These callouts come on every flight approx. 90nm from the destination airport.Used both Fsmeteo and Active Sky, callouts come on either.Arnold

There is a problem with altimeter setting readouts when flying in Canadian airspace. We use inches Hg, just like the US, we don't use kPa. I have noticed that when flying in Canada, the weather broadcasts give kPa, and in the US they give in Hg, please change it so Canada uses in Hg as well, thanks.Jeff

where are you specifically in canada when you hear millibars not inches? that was supposed to be fixed in 3.01 - maybe i missed a canadian center in my "if" statement.

This is the first time this has happened to me. As I was flying at 6000 ft RC kept giving me the same traffic advisory over and over again for several minutes. I would get the advisory "Douglas 736, traffic 1-2 o'clock southwest bound 1 mile at 7000." Otto would reply to this advisory. Then I would hear almost the same advisory being given to another aircraft and then within 15 seconds the whole cycle would repeat. The same exact advisory for me (with Otto replying) and then an advisory for the other aircraft. I must have heard this 8-10 times. Then after a while there were a few cycles advising me of an aircraft at 2 o'clock and 6000 feet. Eventually this stopped. There was at least one advisory later in the flight for another aircraft that did not repeat.

Hi JD!Everything is working fine, but I noticed that when starting RC just normally it runs on high priority (WindowsXP), but it shows Normal priority on the startup screen.Greetings,Malte

you're not starting rc with a batch file, like was suggested for 3.0, right?just /high on the target line of the shortcut, and you're good to go

Hi JD!Uuups, sorry, hehe, I just saw that I still used the modified shortcut for RC with the /ABOVENORMAL swith...So the startup screen showed Normal, but the processviewer showed /Abovenormal...Hmm... I guess this is the wrong thread then! :-lolGreetings,MalteP.S: Thanks for fixing the decimal issue for us Europeans (Germans) :-)P.P.S: Wow, could it be that the Avsim forums are d***n slow today?. Or is it just me? :-hmmm