Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bud

Departure's Departed

Guest Bud

Always a bit nervous about posting on problems - usually turns out it's all my fault - ne'er mind, here goes.Using RC 3 [not the update] - flight is Luton UK [EGGW] to Amsterdam [EHAM]. Everything about the flight prep/taxi/take off is just fine. The problem is when I'm instructed to contact Departure. I've tried this flight three times - the first time the frequency given was wrong - at least not the same as that set out in Controller Information - I tried both the frequency given and that in Cont. Inf. and just got a burst of 'static'. Contact instructions were repeated a number of times - is that an increasingly impatient voice, or am I imagining it. Nevertheless I still am unable to get Departure. On the second and third attempts at the same flight the Dept frequency given was correct but the result the same - just a touch of 'static'.I have not had this problem with any other flight at any other airport. The correct figures were dialled in and the correct buttons punched so I'm not sure what's gone wrong. Any ideas ?Bud

Guest Bud

Frequency is 128.75 - as said EGGW is icao code.Bud

i would be alarmed if the frequency you were told to use, did not match 128.75do you have the "auto-tune on contact" option set under options? are you manually dialing it in, and then pressing 1?what does the advdisp tell you to use?

Guest Bud

Tried again - the flight is EGGW - EHAM by the way. At first attempt of this flight, the frequency displayed for Departure on Adv Disp was not 128.75. Can't remember the exact number I'm afraid. I always note down the frequencies from Cont. Inf. so was able to try both.I do not have auto-tune set. I've tried manual tuning first with a Go Flight radio module and k/bd press. This is not the problem - works fine on all other flights. I then tried contact with the mini cp panel and finally tuned by mouse click on the panel + k/b press. Same result each time - 'static'.My fourth attempt at this flight ended exactly the same as the first three - as above.Unfortunately I'm not able to further experiment for a while - the arrival of a very small person in the house restricts my flight time to about an hour a week. What I report above represents this week's allotment!!Bud

Guest Bud

Had a couple more tries at this EGGW-EHAM flight [see my reply to your previous post]. First used manual tuning again. No joy - I get the Standby then the 'static'. Second attempt I used 'Tune on contact'option. Not used this afore so not sure what to expect.Anyway on the call to contact Departure RC did not set the frequency as I'd anticipated so I manually tuned via GoFlight radio module, keyboard press and lo and behold got the Dept instruction.I've had no probs with RC 3 at all just cannot understand why this one flight is acting up.Bud

Guest Bud

I don't think so. If this was the case would I not get similar probs with other flights - I don't.Bud

smiley face. i was joking. i don't know. i can't duplicate it here, no one seems to have the problem. we surely would have seen it during the 2 years of testing. you're setup is unique, there is something different than the norm.i wish i could explain it, i wish i could fix it for you. do you have another machine you can try this on?

Guest Bud

Oddly enough I've tried it on another machine - same result exactly. I wish I could spend the time experimenting but it just ain't available. I can't see that my hardware is the problem. Maybe if I go tro' the software could you suggest a possible source. Ok - I'm running RC on a client machine via WideFS - all latest versions of Peter Dowson's progs. The flight plan EGGW-EHAM was built with Nav - it has no SID. For the trials I used no weather prog at all so Ry t/o is 08 and runway heading is virtually on the same line as the first leg of the flight. Apart from GoFlight, no other add-ons were used. The plane is the PSS Dash-8. Comm 2 is activated in order to listen to FSATC chat. No contact was made with FSATC - well not until RC Departure failed.I'm really bugged by this - wish I could get to the bottom of it.Bud

Guest Bud

Sorry - trying to do things in too much of a hurry. One thing I forgot, I'm using an add-on scenery for Luton - English Airports UK.Bud

Guest Scott Campbell

Bud,When you are ready to contact Tower for take-off, save the flight via the RC interface. Name it BudEGGW.Zip up:RCV30savedBudEGGW.datFS2002flightsmyfltsBudEGGW.fltFS2002flightsmyfltsBudEGGW.wxthe .pln file and .rc3 file (same name as plan) you are using, and send the zip to me.