Sign in to follow this  

I can ignore "go around" instructions without penalty

My last three flights (FS9 and RC3.1) have resulted in orders to go around when about a mile (or less) short of touchdown on an ILS approach. In each instance some joker has taxied an airliner onto the active. The last two times I ignored the waveoff fully expecting to be suspended for a time. However, after landing and getting clear of the airliner, tower gave me the usual "when clear..contact ground, etc". The only person to be chewed was the airline pilot for failing to hold short.The most recent was yesterday landing at BWIA after a flight from Pittsburgh

Guest Scott Campbell

What did Doug have to say on the critique?

I didn't think to listen to the critique. Next time I will remember to do that. You think they got my N-number and are waiting for me to try it again??:-eek

I thought I'd got away with it too last night, but sure enough when I requested the critique Bill S demanded I hand over my licence!Actually, In my defence, the plane encroaching on the runway actually disappeared before my very eyes as I was preparing to go around - honest Guv!I guess I won't be flying for a (virtual) while. ;-)Ian

Ian Box

Guest Scott Campbell

Just 32x your suspension. ;-)

If you see an ai aircraft encrouching on the runway, hit the "y" key and go into slew mode. After the ai plane takes off, exit slew mode by hitting "y" again. Of course this only works if visibility is good enough so that you can see the other plane. It's a good cheat and comes in handy in a variety of situations. Too bad real pilots can't do the same thing. :-)Sidney Schwartz KPDX

Guest Scott Campbell

If they could they wouldn't need an airport. ;-)

In FS2002 there was an add-on (I can't remember the name) which enabled the AI Debug code left in by Microsoft, and opened a window which displayed all the AI in the area around your aircraft.One of the nice features of this was that you could select an AI aircraft and hit the Delete key to remove it. This was very useful if the AI was getting in the way.I wonder if the equivalent code is in FS2004, and if someone can enable it?Ian

Ian Box

After you park at the gate, just hit CNTRL-SHIFT-3 and it will end RC without a comment. I started ignoring the Go Arounds when they occurred EVERY time I tried to land on a FS2002/FS9 active runway -- even with no traffic in the way! :-lol I never have to listen to Mr. Bill again! Anyway, who wants to hear what a wonderful pilot you are. Pretty soon, you'll start to believe it! *:-*The other way around the Go Around is to request a parallel runway to the one FS2002 is using -- However, that won't work in FS9 since it uses multiple runways......Controller #12

I can hear it now. "Ladies and gentlemen we're cleared to land and will be on the ground as soon as the captain presses the y key and then f1. Please keep your seat belts fastened until the captain has turned off the slew light..."Sidney Schwartz KPDX