Sign in to follow this  
Guest SnaJet

On the subject of suggestions for future RC

tell your brother to send me some more jamaican chatter wavs. i love flying into jamaicaright now, long time users of radar contact, people who know what to expect, and when to expect it are the people i'm interested in as beta testers.why?i'm afraid i'll break stuff, adding new stuff. happens. i need people to find what's broke, that was working before. as we progress further into the beta process, i'll be opening it up for more eyes and ears, to find the new stuff that is broke, and learn from the experiences what needs to be documented or changed.so hang on, we'll keep you posted..jd

On weather enhancements, try not to cause conflict with ActiveSky2004 and similar since they are also doing something new and grand especially for local weather smoothing and other fixes. Damian is working on TRW cell shear slopes so you can pick a clear area properly to sneak through without picking the adjacent cells with the sharp shear slopes. If you are just reading weather, then I can hope it might have something to do with approach/departure/enroute ATC initiated rough weather avoidance.

Guest Corey

jd,geting some Jamaican ATC chatter for you now

Another feature that may be added in RC 4 :When we are in a double runways airport, this kind : O II where O is the apron, and II the two runways (lol). I'm cleared to taxi to the second runway, may i ask authorization to cross the first runway, before proceeding to taxi to holding point of the departure runway. If this is the case in real life, it would be a nice feature. :)

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

Since RC4 will have recognition and some control over AI including the state of AI on runways, it sounds like JD could certainly accomplish this with his extreme programming knowledge.I'm thinking of the notice on airport taxi diagrams that state "Hold short for all runway crossing clearances". So I am voting for that too to add to ground operations realism. In RC 3.1 I do it at larger airports anyway using the POV to look both ways before crossing especially if intersecting runways are announced as active (and anyway do it - you never know what FS ATC might do). I also do this when in the proximity of busy taxiways especially when merging from the apron of a gate. Of course your AI needs to be fairly active to require this cautious approach.I do have an EHSI with TCAS displayed so with knowledge of the taxiway/airport layout I get an idea of what's active and can predict taxiway traffic somewhat -- until/if the ATC ground control feature is implemented.So, let's be nice and praise JD and staff. Whether or not they decide to do this, they deserve it for the nice products and development they have produced.

Oh yes you're right, i hope i sound very nice. This is just one more idea that may be added in the future or not :)

Sebastien BELLUTEAU