Sign in to follow this  
Guest fredo_g

RC v4 with AI Aircraft

Guest fredo_g

HiI'm new here. I'm thinking of bying the version 4 when release as I want to have a more realistic ATC. But there is still something which I want to know before, will version 4 Control Ai Aircraft.

Guest Scott Campbell

yes it will, but not in all stages. FSATC still really sets it up for taxi and takeoff, but RC will talk with it. v4 will vector it out of your way and vice versa and talk with it for sector frequency changes. FSATC will assign it altitudes and headings otherwise.

Hi Scott,I wonder why that would be a need... I never had a close crash encounter with an AI... but when I wanted to get so close like with an F16...AI have always give me space and room, without FS9 ATC, but while flying with RC ATC... Have you had any realy close entcounters with AIs?

Well to be honest, although not recommended in real life I enjoy the challenge of crossing the threshold on landing just skimming the tail of a jet in position for takeoff. I have to land further down the runway but can usually stop in time. I do have to ignore RC's requests to go 'round though. Sorry guys...LOLRegards,Tom

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

Torben,<< wonder why that would be a need... I never had a close crash encounter with an AI... >>You may not with only default Ai aircraft installed but we're testing with Ultimate Traffic installed and set at 100%! Under those conditions it's not uncommon for v4 to vector other aircraft out of your way.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well, I actualy use UT AI and GA-Traffic all at 99%. The only times I had a hairy situation with AI from time to time, was in approach to any airport with a lot of traffic... The spacing between AIs is too close to be squeesed within and so I get often wake turbolence.Maybe I dont have the often flown flightplans between point A and B like airlines have?I fly with PMDG B378NG quite often and get warnings about other aircrafts around me. But I never had a real close entcounter, never had my PMDG to act in order to prevent a crash - it got close sometimes, but never realy this close. But well, I dont often fly around KLAX where it can realy get close and crowded... as well as with EGLLWhat do you do to have it this realistic? I use UT and GA-Traffic... and my slider set to 99%....

Guest Scott Campbell

Torben,If you're getting TCAS warnings, you are too close. Aircraft have to be 4 miles apart at the very least. If you get to 2 miles, you are in severe danger. If you are 1 mile apart, you are dead.This is what v4 prevents. It looks up yo 14 miles away to see any possible conflicts and moves you and/or them. This is the way it's really done.There is a lot of need for this.

Hope V4 will be able to distinguish when both parallel runways are active for landing and each runway final gets its own 4 mile seperation. Difficult to achieve?

Torben,<>Wake turbulence isn't modelled in FS. Spacing is a problem in FS and even the default FS ATC won't be able to space you. That's asking too much at this stage.<>What you consider a close encounter and what ATC considers a close encounter may not necessarily be the same thing. RCv4 is the only program available that will detect potential conflicts and safely vector aircraft away.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi,did you read my sig?AS2004I get simulated wake alright. So, It may not be 100% perfect simulated, but realy close to it.4nm close is too close for ATC? Well, than it may be realy good that RC4 will take care about that. I had encounter about 1 to 4 nm away from me, but never realy close enought to endanger me, speaking of geting skin close to me. But ATC likes it much more fare away, and RC4 will do that, than that will be realy nice!

No, I didn't. I'm not familiar with AS2004 as I use FSMeteo.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well, AS2004 simulates wake real good! Well, it does that a bit too much with a cessna or a B733 acting wake like a B744, but still it is ok. I experienced what happens when closer than 4nm away in approach from an aircraft what approached befor me just a minute befor me...Please check out the AS2004 forum and there website, I guess you will like it and go for a try.So, if 1 to 4nm is too close for you in normal flight situation, and RC4 will take care about that, than that is perfect!But separation in approach space within airport area is as important - I had some wake experiences simulated and airports like KLAX, EDDF, EGLL .... well, it's crowded there... right?

Guest Scott Campbell

Torben,Right now even v4 isn't really able to handle approach spacing because of the way FS ATC puts planes into the pattern - there isn't one. If FS10 has the capability to do patterns, then that would help a lot. I don't know if they have any plans to fix the entire approach sequencing issue. The FS team at the AVSIM conference talked about the features in FS10, but I wasn't there. All I've heard is they're talking about more and better eye candy and maybe working landing/taxi lights. I'm not even sure if they'll bis the "cloud farms". Don't know a thing about FS ATC changes.Heck, I don't even have the FS9 patch installed.

Scott,well that is a difference between a GAME and a SIMULATION, isn't it? If it should be called the later, the ATC and the Approach/Departure procedere should be just by the numbers, not just the easy way to programm it. Well, there are changes between FS8 to FS9 with ATC, Weather etc. But they wanna sell it as a game to the kids and as as simulation to the folks whom wanna train for PPL or alike. But well, what is realy complicated in flying? I could fly, you could, but could we fly in the same space others do like airliners and other GAs? Could WE do the right pattern and procedures and all that at with radio ATC in bad weather? NO, because FS9 doesnt give us the chance to learn and practice exactly this. Because M$ wand it to be a game for the kids and a little more near to a real simulation for all others.There is a need for a FS10 home and a FS10 professional version. The home one for the kids less expencive and with more eye candy and less complicated stuff. And the pro version for more money and more realistic simulations put in there.What do you think here? JD? Scott, and all others? What do WE wand, what would we play for? Pro or home version?