Sign in to follow this  
Bigmack

RC4 Copilot

Hey JDI'm really impressed RC4. I have a issue when I'm leaving the gate and transfer com control to the copilot. Approaching the assigned rwy, ATC instucts to contact tower. Copilot contacts tower and tells atc that I'm at the line an ready for TO. Even though there ara AC in front of me. There seem to be a sequence missing. Maybe your #2 0r #3 for TO??Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Guest Douglas Thompson

Bill,Tower's not telling you to taxi onto the rwy with AI in front of you, is he?The pilot or co-pilot checking onto the freq (even though he's not #1) is realistic. There's no need for the pilot to say #2, #3 etc. Tower knows you're there and what sequence you fall into. You're just doing what Gnd told you to do :-)

Yes, ATC telling me to taxi in position even if AI is in front of me or AI landing less than 5miles. What I basiclly do is not contact tower until I'm clear of traffic.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Hi Bill,If there are ai nearer to the runway threshold than you are who are heading to that runway you should not be told to taxi into position.A couple of questions.Which airport and runway are you seeing this at.Are you using addon scenery for it?Have you rebuilt RC's scenery database?All the best,John

Just did flt from KATL to KDCA. All was fine when ATC transfred me to tower, I was then cleared for TO. I have not even gotten to 27R yet and there were 4 AI in front of me.I rebuild database after I installed and both airports are addons.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Hi Bill,The only thing which I know of in RC which could cause you to get takeoff clearance when other ai are 'in front' of you in the queue is if you are stationary and very close to some point on the runway. It's how we deal with situations where the runway access point is not near the runway end. This shouldn't be the case here.The distance to the runway end is displayed in the menu when you are taxiing. What should happen is you are told to either contact or monitor tower at some point during the taxi. If you contact tower you will say something like 'Tower, xxxx ready for departure runway xxx', even if you are still quite some distance from the runway threshold. If told to monitor tower you tune the tower frequency but don't send any message. What distance is RC showing to the runway when you are told to contact/monitor tower?Tower should only clear you to 'line up and wait' once you are near the threshold (within about 1000 feet I think) and there are no ai in front of you waiting for departure. If there are ai in front of you you should hear them being given their clearance to 'line up and wait' or 'takeoff'.Keep an eye on that distance to the runway once you've contacted tower and let us know how far it says you are from the runway when you are told to 'line up and wait'. I think it disappears once that instruction is given to you.All the best,John

Thanks for your explainationSo far I never gotten the command to monitor the tower. That would proberly solve my problem. Because soon as I get contact tower, I'm directed to takeoff. I'll try something different. Maybe it's just me. Don't seem like anyone else is experiencing this.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Guest bam1220

I got the same thing today at KMCI. I was taxiing to 19R and was only half way there. I was told to contact the tower long before I was at the runway. I had 1 AI in front of me, a Northwest plane, and tower told me to taxi into position and hold. Tower never mentioned anything to or about the NWA plane. Other than that things were normal until I started my decent into KDAL. Then FS crashed. I still haven't been able to complete a flight yet with RC4 without a FS crash.Bob

monitor tower is for big airports.what airport/runway? is it a special afcad/bgl file?jd

what plane? what scenery?does fs crash with a ms plane? what version of fsuipc? from the modulesfsuipc screen please.what version of advdisp?what other programs are running? fdc, asv6, xyz?try this, start rc, then the first thing you do, is click the debug button. choose a file name, and click ok to the "it will make a big file"then load the .pln, set your options, and click start rc.run until it crashes. then zip up the .log file and send it to me at jd@jdtllc.comreference the problem you are having in the emailjd