Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

Two CTDs with PMDG 747-400 -- first time ever for me

I was flying KSEAKSFO at FL350 using Radar Contact 4, Ultimate Traffic, FSUIPC 3.53, AdvDisp 4.14 and FSGenesis scenery. The copilot had the comm. We were in a normal descent mode, approaching FL140 about 50 miles north of KSFO. Both times, immediately after the copilot asked to leave frequency for weather, I had a CTD (black screen with AdvDisp box showing). The module identified in the error report was atc.dll. Radar Contact 4 continued to run.This is a first for me on any aircraft.I have all the files listed in the PMDG forum CTD information, and downloaded and reinstalled the PMDG universal update today (1/7/2006).Any suggestions? Do you need any more info -- I will be glad to help as much as I can.Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

atc.dll is the MS atc dlli've had that happen, once or twice, and it always was a scenery problem.try changing the fs date back to fall or summer, and see if it happens again.jd

Thanks. It is after 11 pm here and us old guys need to sleep. I will give this a try on Sunday, 1/8.Would that be a scenery problem specific to the KSFO area?

A quick scan with FlightSim Manager showed no scenery problems. Do you know what kind of scenery problem this might be?Thanks.

Guest mmcevilley

>I was flying KSEAKSFO at FL350 using Radar Contact 4,>Ultimate Traffic, FSUIPC 3.53, AdvDisp 4.14 and FSGenesis>scenery. The copilot had the comm. We were in a normal>descent mode, approaching FL140 about 50 miles north of KSFO. Ever since the inception of FS9 I can repeat this CTD on a KSEA-KSFO flight, flying the PYE1 arrival. FWIW: I first experienced this CTD flying 767PIC, before I owned RC3, before UT was developed, and with no FSGenesis scenery.I simply do not fly the PYE1 arrival on KSEA-KSFO routes.-michael

Thanks, Michael and jd.In fact, PYE was my next waypoint on the KSEAKSFO flight. I wonder what it is in the scenery that causes the CTD?Michael, since you were flying to KSFO, have you experienced this CTD on any other direction of flight around KSFO?Thanks.

>I was flying KSEAKSFO at FL350 using Radar Contact 4,>Ultimate Traffic, FSUIPC 3.53, AdvDisp 4.14 and FSGenesis>scenery. The copilot had the comm. We were in a normal>descent mode, approaching FL140 about 50 miles north of KSFO. >Both times, immediately after the copilot asked to leave>frequency for weather, I had a CTD (black screen with AdvDisp>box showing). The module identified in the error report was>atc.dll. Radar Contact 4 continued to run.Hi,I do get CTD if atis frequency is the same at arrival airport as where I departed. Same applies if say approach is the same as atis at origin.Maybe this could be your issue as well.Best Rgs Perttu

Guest mmcevilley

>Michael, since you were flying to KSFO, have you experienced>this CTD on any other direction of flight around KSFO?No. And I do a large amount of flying into/out of KSFO. So far, its only been the PYE1, and I believe I was on the ENI transition.-michael

i was curious about your statement, so i made a quick flight from kfty - kbhm, i changed the arrival atis freq to match the departure. i flew it without incident.can you give me a flight plan (.pln) where the two atis's are the same, and you have a CTD?jd

The flight I originally reported in the subject was made in "winter" at "night". At jd's suggestion, I changed the date to "summer" and "daylight", and repeated the flight using the LDS-767 without a CTD. So, now I have to figure out if it is a scenery problem or an aircraft problem. More later...Thanks for all the comments.

I successfully flew the KSEAKSFO route described earlier using a "summer" date and the PMDG 747-400. It looks like jd was correct -- this CTD appears to be related to the "winter" scenery around the PYE vor north of KSFO.Thanks to all.