Sign in to follow this  
Guest johng

new pilot and controller set downloads

I am not clear on what to do with the new voicepacks that become available. Should they all just overide the existing winwood folders or should the existing ones be deleted and replaced. If they should just overide how can I recover and reinstall the deleted ones (I have the update 4.01)? I foolishly did not back them up before deleting!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi John,No voice packs are overwritten. Whilst the folders may exist there are no wavs in them - they're just sitting there waiting to be populated. Just unzip the file into winwood and the voice pack will be installed to the relavant folder. If you're prompted to replace the gif then do so. That way you'll have the correct flag shown for the nationality of the set.Cheers,

Hi Ray,I have just downloaded the new Female Pilot set however the file is named RCV4_61. I was about to copy this into the winwood61 directory but noticed that this directory is full of existing files for an existing Controller "Sanford Seidler" (which I don't want to delete). Is there a mistake here or have I got Sanford Seidler's files in the wrong directory?ThanksIan

Hi Ian,Apologies from the team for this little mistake. You should already have Sanford's pilot set in folder 50 so 61 is probably duplicated.Delete the entire 61 folder and unzip Geri Jackson's set into winwood.Cheers,

Hi Ray,Thanks for your quick response. Just checked and 61 was a duplicate of 50.All now working with Geri in 61.Thanks for your continuing good support to enable us to enjoy RC4.Ian