Sign in to follow this  
Guest johng

new pilot and controller set downloads

Guest johng

I am not clear on what to do with the new voicepacks that become available. Should they all just overide the existing winwood folders or should the existing ones be deleted and replaced. If they should just overide how can I recover and reinstall the deleted ones (I have the update 4.01)? I foolishly did not back them up before deleting!

Hi John,No voice packs are overwritten. Whilst the folders may exist there are no wavs in them - they're just sitting there waiting to be populated. Just unzip the file into winwood and the voice pack will be installed to the relavant folder. If you're prompted to replace the gif then do so. That way you'll have the correct flag shown for the nationality of the set.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,I have just downloaded the new Female Pilot set however the file is named RCV4_61. I was about to copy this into the winwood61 directory but noticed that this directory is full of existing files for an existing Controller "Sanford Seidler" (which I don't want to delete). Is there a mistake here or have I got Sanford Seidler's files in the wrong directory?ThanksIan

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Hi Ian,Apologies from the team for this little mistake. You should already have Sanford's pilot set in folder 50 so 61 is probably duplicated.Delete the entire 61 folder and unzip Geri Jackson's set into winwood.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,Thanks for your quick response. Just checked and 61 was a duplicate of 50.All now working with Geri in 61.Thanks for your continuing good support to enable us to enjoy RC4.Ian

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

You're welcome Ian and thanks for the appreciation :-beerchugCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather