Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

FSS adventure

RC continues to surprise. Did a flight yesterday where I had to contact FSS for clearance. The dial tone and numbers being dialed was a great detail. I was doing the flight with the Aeroworx King Air, so got my clearance, did my preflight checklist and headed out to the runway only to be yelled at that "20 minutes was more than generous to get going, etc..." So I had to pull over and restart to get my clearance. It was fun, but isn't 30 minutes the more norm for getting off the ground? With planes such as the King Air it does take a bit of time to get things going? Also noted a strange thing at my arrival airport KTEB. The wind was blowing hard out of the north and the ILS runway was initailly assigned as 6. However the skies were broken, so I requested runway 1 instead and was granted the request. Everything went fine but when I landed all the other traffic was landing and departing on Rwy 24 which would never had been used given the winds. Did RC get messed up in runway assignments when I did my request? Mike

long debate amongst the beta testers on the winds and ai.i will always land and takeoff WITH the ai, however, wherever they go. if they are landing with a tail wind, that's what you're going to get.better that, than landing into a takeoff aijd