Sign in to follow this  
drayton_k

Airborne AI Traffic GONE!!!

Since loading on RC4 my AI traffic (airborne) has dissapeared. I get lots of AI on the ground but none in the sky and that is over London which is always busy.I have my settings up to 100% in FS and still no chatter, although the AI chatter is enabled in RC4.Also I have just tried flying a route without having the pilot autoreply, and I do not hear some commands from the ATC, even though I get the 7 Agnowledge prompt appear in the ADVDisplay.Can anyone help please.Drayton

Hi Drayton,<>Are you saying that there are no aircraft visible in the skies when RC4 is running but they are visible when RC4 is not running? That doesn't make any sense at all. Have you made any other changes to any settings in FS9?<>Another strange one. Is this just on one flight or is it happening with all of them?Trying to help but these are strange happenings.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Kingair315

Somtimes Ive found that the sound seems to cutout on my computer and If I load winamp or another program and play a song, it comes back. Have no idea what has caused it, buy you might try it to see if it works again.

<>Try what? I don't have any problems with RC4 and sound. Your reported problems appear to have started after you switched Pilot autoreply off. I can't think of any reason why doing that would cause these sound issues. Turn it back on and see if they go away.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,Quote "Have no idea what has caused it, buy you might try it to see if it works again. " This wasnt from me.I get masses of traffic on the ground at Gatwick, and normally it takes me about 15 minutes to get lined up due to the arriving traffic. Now I seem to have no arrivals at all. I think I may uninstall Ultimate Traffic and reinstall and see if that cures the problem.Regarding the voice problem, yes it has only started since unticking autoreply, and if I put it back on then the problem dissapears. It does seem to be when ATC askes me to contact the next controller when the problem arises and I see the 7 Agnowledge appear in ADVDIsplay but hear no voice.I am using RC4 on a 2nd PC using Widefs if that helps with diagnosing the problem.Thanks for helpingDrayton

Hi Drayton,<>Sorry about that.<>That is strange but hopefully a reinstall will sort things out.<>Are you pressing 7 (for acknowledge only) or 1 (acknowledge and contact)? I always choose 7, tune to the new frequency manually and then press 1 to make contact. I know you have 'Pilot Autoreply' switched off but what status is 'Tune on Contact'? If that isn't checked then the new frequency won't be tuned.If you want RC to do everything then check both those options. If you want to do everything yourself uncheck both. I have both unchecked and everything is fine.I don't think running via WideFS is an issue.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray,Im in the process of reinstalling UT right now.Also I will try unchecking both boxes as you advise and let you know later.Many thanksRegardsDrayton

Just an update on my recent problems.Reinstalling Ultimate Traffic solved the problem about traffic, but I still keep geting a problem where sometimes the controller voice is not heard and the 7 agnowledge appears in the ADVDisplay module. I am using WIDEFS as I stated before, and am running Flight Tracker and also ASV6 weather on that PC. I just wonder if it may be that whenever ASV6 is updating its weather then the voice gets somehow delayed and does not play.HAs anyone else experienced this ?CheersDrayton

Hi Drayton,<Although I use WideFS, I run RC4 on the same PC as FS. On my other PC I run AS6, FSFK and Project Magenta. Your suspicion that RC could be affected when AS6 updates the weather is one I would agree with. My Project Magenta instruments stutter quite badly during a AS6 update and I imagine RC would be similarly affected.You don't say what else you run on your FS machine but if you only run FS9 and have a Pentium with Hyperthreading RC runs very well alongside FS.Anyway, I know several on the beta team run RC across WideFS so they can hopefully add to the conversation.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather