Sign in to follow this  
Guest wtsapchy

Freezing AI aircraft

Guest wtsapchy

Hi all,I read that RC would freeze other AI aircrafts while you are about to perform take off or landing. Now, I have one problem with this. I was following a default AI plane to the take-off runway in CYYZ. The AI plane hold short of the active runway and I stopped behind it. One minute later, I saw a 747 landing. Well, everything was fine except that after the 747 has turned off the runway, the default plane continued to hold short there. I thought there might be another plane landing, but no. I see nothing in the sky, nothing in the runway. For the rest of 5-7 minutes, I waited but the AI plane simply did not move. No other planes in the sky or in the runway. Was this AI plane frozen by RC ? What's the problem, then ?DanielVHHH

Hi Daniel,It's possible RC froze the 747 in front of you. Without a log it's impossible to say. If you to try and replicate the problem then do this please...launch rcv4click debugload the .plnclick start rcfly, duplicatezip up and zip the .log file to jd@jdtllc.comAlternatively, you can zap any Ai aircraft by downloading and installing the Traffic Toolbox from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...sdk.asp#traffic Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Ray,I am sure I can duplicate the problem. Every time there is an AI aircraft in front of me, I will be indefinitely held up by this plane freezing at the runway entrance point. I have just tried a flight from KBOS to KJFK and held up for about 20 mins near entrance to runway 33L until I quit RC. I watched 4 planes landing at runway 33L. Each landing is separated by about 5 mins. There's plenty of time for tower to clear the AI aircraft in front of me to take off. I'll send the log to JD and report back here.DanielVHHH

Hi Daniel,If you're getting this problem on a regular basis then something is probably wrong with the runway data RC4 is reading. Does this happen at one airport or at many?As you mentioned KBOS I wonder if you're using the excellent freeware package. In any case I suggest you run 'Rebuild Scenery DB'. The runway start points are probably wrong and RC doesn't recognise you as being at the hold short point.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest eddm

Hi,I have the same problem as Daniel already mentioned. I will try to rebuild the scenery DB and see if that helps.I have another problem with freezing aircrafts.During approach RC freezes flying aircrafts around me. Not all only a couple of them. any suggestions? ThanksConstantin

Hi Constantin,RC4 slows or speeds up aircraft around you when on finals to keep them away from you. They shouldn't actually stop flying. The alternatives probably aren't worth thinking about ;-)RC4's database is built for default FS9 scenery so any 3rd party airports that are slightly displaced will cause problems until a d/b rebuild.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Ray,Still no luck to take off after running Rebuild Scenery Database. The problem is not airport specific. I did three flights today, departing from CYYZ - default scenery, KBOS - addon scenery and LIML - another addon from ISD, after scenery rebuild. In all cases, I was stuck by some frozen AI aircrafts either at runway holding point or at the runway threshold. They are basically frozen and did not move. RC appeared to know these AI planes. At LIML, I was following two AI planes all lining up to take off at 36R. Tower told me I was no. 3. The problem was the no.1 never took off. I tried to ignore these AI planes and taxi to the runway, but was immediately scolded by Tower. Then, I aborted take off, contacted ground and tried again. I made a big round in LIML and when I approached the runway holding point, the no.1 and no.2 were still there, dead frozen. The only way I could take off was to lower the traffic density until the AI planes in front of me disappeared. Then, RC was back to normal. Wish JD could look at this. I have traffic density set to 60% in all three flights. DanielHong Kong

Hi Daniel,Hmmm, very strange that you get the problem at multiple airports. This is not something that's been reported before.All I can suggest is you create a log and send it to JD as detailed further up this thread.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Ray,I have already sent one debugged log to JD. I'll report back here. Just want to know when you were cleared to taxi to runway, do you have AI planes still moving around in the airport, i.e, at what point does RC start to freeze their movement. I repeated my KBOS to KJFK flight again and again. Very strange, sometimes, the AI planes in the whole airport appeared dead frozen when I started RC, i.e. not one single moving AI plane in sight and I could take off as usual because there was no AI plane moving in front of me and blocked my way. But sometimes, the airport appeared normal, i.e., some AI planes were taxiing, landing or taking off. They appeared normal when my plane was still parked in gate, no freezing. At one time in LIML, while still follwing an AI plane to the holding point, I could still see an AI 737 taking off. However, it was always the few AI planes immediately in front of me that were dead frozen when they reached the holding point. Hope this help !!DanielVHHH

Hi Daniel,<>It's quite normal to see other Ai aircraft taxiing, landing and taking off whilst you are taxiing to the active runway. RC4 will freeze some Ai aircraft when you are cleared for take-off and then release them once you're airborne. Inbounds will not be frozen and it is possible that traffic that landed on a parallel runway and is taxiing to the gate may cross your runway during your take-off roll. The reason we don't freeze those is because we could freeze them whlst they're on your runway so a decision was taken by JD to keep those aircraft moving.<>Remember that many of those aircraft at gates will be 'sleeping' until they're due to depart at their allotted time. When you first start RC and before tuning to ATIS just sit at the gate and watch what goes aon around you. There should be plenty of movements.<>LIML is a freeware airport and I have that scenery too and don't get any problems. All these problems point to runway end positions being incorrect and hopefully JD will confirm that when he's examined your log.Can you reproduce the problem at the hold short point and provide a screenshot? It might help. Remember to identify your own aircraft please.Thanks,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Ray,Thanks for your reply. I just replicated the same problem again for a flight from LIML to LIRF, and took some screenshots while being held up at the runway holding point. I have the log debugged, too. Ever since I came across this problem, I had every RC flight debugged and I have quite a few of these logs by now if JD wishes to examine. I'll wait for replies from JD since I have already sent him a flight log from KBOS to KJFK. Meanwhile, AVSIM only allows 150KB file upload and the screenshots are about 160 Kb each (jpg files). Can I zip them and send them to you by email ?DanielVHHH

Hi Daniel,Feel free to send them to me at RayProudfoot@BTInternet.com.JD has quite a lot going on his his private life at the moment but I'm sure he'll repond when able.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Ray,I have sent one zip file to you containing 5 screenshots, a brief event log, RC's debugged log and the flightplan. This scenario is a 100% sure to replicate the problem. Everytime I departed at about 1530 hrs zulu at LIRF, I would came across a few AI taxiing to the runway. The same problem repeated and repeated !!!! Tower, I want to take off, please clear my way !!!!DanielVHHH

Hi Daniel,I have the files - thanks. I'll fly this route and see what happens to me.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've been sitting behind an AI bird frozen while holding for takeoff at PHNL for about 10 min. Did the same thing to me a few hours ago taking off from PANC.Running the traffic slider down to 0% kills them off and allows departure, but there's clearly something bad happening with RC4's interaction with them...the AI birds are being frozen, and RC4 is then waiting for them to move, creating a gridlock.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case