Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Busting Altitude Problem

I checked this thread because although I had been at FL300 for 30 minutes the controller still kept telling me to reach it. Anyway, great answers, thanks: I had no idea about the difference between FL and altitude.jd - notei deleted a statement that many beta testers and users found was uncalled for.

Guest John Morgan

I am having a continuing problem with being accused by ATC of 'busting altitude'.As far as I can see I am doing everything correctly, the altimeter is correctly set according to the local ATIS.For example, flying from Manchester EGCC to Edinburgh EGPH I climb up to 20000 feet without criticism. Later on I am asked to descend to 12000 feet, I set the altimeter according to the Edinburgh ATIS in hectopascals , I set the autopilot for descent and then when I am level at 12000 feet I am continually told I am busting my altitude.I cannot see what I am doing wrong. Is there a way in which I can ask the controller himself for a barometer check?I am flying the PDMG 737. The problem occurs with and without Active Sky.I would be grateful for any help on this matter,Best wishes, John Morgan

The statement was a joke, as I'm sure was the origional anti-European comment to which it responded. Is humour only allowed if it's pointed in the "correct" direction?

Northridge,<>My comment was not "anti-European" but anti-EU. There is a difference. I'm sure you're aware by now that my comment has also been removed so I hope we can now draw a line under this.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather