Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Number keys 1 thru 9 nand 0

Hi,Before departure I clicked the QUIT button on the RC main screen.I noticed the ADVdisp window still had previous messages in it.I noticed that I could no longer use the keyboard keys 1, 2 etc to make selections from the (now enabled) MSFS ATC menu.If however, I use RTC, land, and then get a critique:The ADVdisp window does clear its data, RC program shuts down and allof the number keys work just fine for me to use MSFS ATC to taxi (instructions) to the gate.I would assume that whenever you exit (QUIT) RC it would always exit the same way (sofware subroutine) and release the number keys.Regards,Vaughan Martell, Jr.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Vaughan,I changed the RC key assignments from 1,2 etc to 'ctrl shift 1', 'ctrl shift 2' etc so I could use MSATC (on com2) while RC was stil running if I wanted to get taxi instructions etc.All the best,John

jd: I verified my version is 4.01 (4.4.3737) and FSUIPC ver 3.53Problem persists.My original thought was that RC had to (for some reason)lock out these number keys until the completion of the flight. Maybe because of its interface with FSUIPC.But, the RC program should release the keystroke trapping as part of its normal "exit/quit) subroutine.John: thanks for the additional informationRegards,Vaughan Martell, JrPSRC is a wonderful program! You did a greak job.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest fcpilot

On the subject of RC default keys, I have never got the "repeat msg"to work with the default setting or by changing it. What am I missing. All other key commands seem to work.Thanks Frank.

if you have pilot auto reply checked, you can't ask for a repeat of the last messagejd

Guest fcpilot

Thank You. I knew it was pilot error. I'm sure I read that in the manual but it shot right by me because I normally use "pilot auto reply"Thanks Frank