Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

KMIA Runways Missing

Guest United

Prior to running the Rebuild Database utility, RC4.01's runway database for KMIA included the old 9L, which is now 8R. Upon Rebuilding the database, the utility eliminated all but 12 / 30 at KMIA, oooppps!!! Now, I am using Fly Tampa's KMIA and their AFCAD2 as well. I checked the r4.csv and runways.csv excel files and indeed, only 12/30 are listed. How can I correct this and addin the proper runways for KMIA ? Randy Jura, KPDX

i'll let the afcad experts look at it. sometimes these scenery designers do some pretty funky things to make things right, and that often messes up the utility to identify the runways.at least that's what i've heard....jd

Guest United

Thanks JD. I'm trying out several AVSIM downloaded AFCAD2 files that supposedly update KMIA to 8L and R and see if I can induce RC to get the right runways. I'll let you know what happens.Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest United

I found an AFCAD2 for KMIA with all the correct runways and the Rebuild Utility picked it up ! ... so it's all correct now, I'll let you all know if there's more problems with this, but I think it's all good for now. Thanks JD.Randy Jura, KPDX

Hi Randy,If you have the af2 file in the Miami scenery directory another thing you could try is using the Fly Tampa afcad but renaming it as zzzaf2_KMIA.bgl or something like that (the important point is that, alphabetically, it is the last file in the folder).We have found examples in the past where other files for the scenery also contain some af2 type information which overwrites the info we want :-(I'm guessing that's what happened here.All the best,John

Guest United

In fact John, I read that in another thread, about making the AFCAD2 the last one in a directory, so I tried it with the KMIA Fly Tampa AFCAD2, but it didnt help for some reason.Randy Jura, KPDX

Hi Randy,I just upgraded my 'FlyTampa Miami' to v1.6, reran RC's 'scenery database updater' and the r4.csv file produced had runways 8L, 8R, 9, 12, 26L, 26R, 27 and 30.However some of the ils frequencies (for 8L, 26R and 09) haven't been picked up.All the best,John