Sign in to follow this  
Timvee

Vectors for EGCN?

Hi! I've just done a very successful flight from LKPR to EGCN but one thing struck me. I was running online Active Sky, and approaching EGCN was given vectors to R20. As I live around the corner from the airport I thought 'that doesn't look right' looked out of the window to check the wind direction, checked the wind arrow on my radar display and decided to ask for a visual into 02. Everything went fine from there on.As I came into land I saw that AI traffic taking off was also using 02. Mostly EGCN does use 20 for landing and 02 for T/O 'cause of noise procedures and that there is no ILS yet on 02, but today's tailwind would have made a 20 landing tricky to say the least.Does RC take account of local weather, is it more procedural based, or does it find EGCN a bit tricky given that it (the airport) is practically brand new?This isn't a complaint by the way, I'm just intrigued. RC is a great product which you all should be congratulated on.ThanksTim

what version of fsuipc are you using? version 3.615 is current, info is pinned at the top of the forum. if you don't have it, get it, and see if rc get's the correct runway infor from the aijd

JD will elucidate but since version 4 if AI are active at the destination then RC will select the same runway. If not then an ILS takes precedence up to a certain tailwind threshold I believe.There is a note about an updated FSUIPC pinned to the top of this forum. This version corrects recognition of AI as quoted below:"4. An error on FS2004 that could, on some systems, cause the AI traffic information to omit the runways in use, is fixed. This would have affected Radar Contact 4 users. "Installing the current version over that delivered on your CD will correct that problem. The latest version is now FSUIPC Version 3.617 and the link in the top pinned post will take you there.If your FSUIPC was 3.6 something but not 3.615 or above, then then the active AI at your destination if present was not recognized.Hope this helps.