Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

FS2002: A couple of problems need solving

1)...I think this has been answered before, and pardon me for asking again, but is there a solution to eliminating the way some aircraft sink into the ground, taxiways, etc...?2) While taxing at many airports, the tarmac seems to disappear just ahead of my plane, and is replaced by ground or grass texture. What is the fix for this?Thanks in advance for any help.Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1) Are the aircraft sinking when you are landing. If so, try reducing you vertical landing speed to 300fpm or less. Sorta like laying down that bowling ball without a bounce (I can't do it!!)If the aircraft are sunk in the ground when you load FS2002, then the contact points in the aircraft.cfg file need to be adjusted. The first three points (point.0, point.1, point.2) are usually the landing gear.2) I believe this is the result of your computer's speed of replacing the basic layer of scenery with the taxiways and runways that are applied on top. It is very annoying at some airfields that are sparsely populated. I have a fairly high end computer and get this effect also.