Sign in to follow this  
Bryn

Is it possible to assign voices to specific regions?

In an earlier post, I formed the impression that it was possible to limit voices to particular regions. For instance, only allowing british controller voices in the United Kingdom, and US controller voices in the US.JD seemed to suggest that this 'had been coded' but that it was just as unrealistic to have many differnet accents as it was to only have one particular voice for a whole country. I think that is a matter of preference, but that is beside the point.What I would like to find out is whether it is possible to create custom voice lists for different regions of the world. It would be great if I could just list those voices that can be used for a particular country and have RC follow that.Cheers,Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Hi Bryn,You can select which pilot, co-pilot, controller and Ai pilot voice sets you want to hear in the Voices options screen. There is a flag shown against each set when you audition the voice so it's easy to select those you want to hear. There are sufficient British and US voice sets to give enough variety whilst flying in those two regions. You can't save a selection as such but that is a good idea and one that we could consider for v5.However, if flying from England to Italy you would certainly want to include our Italian controller in your selection. But if you did include US controller voice sets the program does give priority to voice sets appropriate to your location. The more voice sets we have from different countries the better the experience.You would certainly want to check as many of the Ai pilot sets as possible to give a feel for authenticity.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

once we have enough voices to go around, i'll turn on the feature to localize voices. we're no where near the number we need.jd