Sign in to follow this  
acmech

newbie questions

I have done two flights with RADAR contact v4.Now,I have a couple of questions .1. How do I set up where Rcv4 AI chatter is actually the traffic that you are seeing in the sim. Example there was about ten aircraft on the ground . Each of them were taxing to the active rwy around and only one of them was interacting with Rcv4 ground controller.This also was true in the air.2.I downloaded update rc01update and installed it but my interface screen reads radar contact version 4.0.3737 is this the lastest version? I also checked for updates by clicking on the check for update tab in the program. 3.What are the correct steps to turn off FS2004 default ATC?The reason I ask is because every time I restart the sim some reason I have to turn off default ATC every time.Thank you in advance!Sandon Lyon

>>I have done two flights with RADAR contact v4.>Now,I have a couple of questions .>>1. How do I set up where Rcv4 AI chatter is actually the>traffic that you are seeing in the sim. >Example there was about ten aircraft on the ground . Each of>them were taxing to the active rwy around and only one of them>was interacting with Rcv4 ground controller.This also was true>in the air.you don't ai chatter to ai that are doing something on a different frequency than you're on. if you're on clearance, you're not going to hear ground taxi, or tower instructions. if you are on departure/approach, you're not going to hear center chatter to other ai that aren't on departure or arrival>>2.I downloaded update rc01update and installed it but my>interface screen reads radar contact version 4.0.3737 is this>the lastest version? I also checked for updates by clicking on>the check for update tab in the program. 3737 is 4.01>>3.What are the correct steps to turn off FS2004 default ATC?>The reason I ask is because every time I restart the sim some>reason I have to turn off default ATC every time.turn the volume to 0>>Thank you in advance!>Sandon Lyon

Thank you for your fast response.Yes ,I understand if I am not on the same freq I will not hear the aircraft. Although ,I did do this test and turned off my default ATC volume but left the window up to see if I was indeed correct.I was on the clearance freq. and with radar contact v4 the chatter was very low almost none even though the default atc window(which also was on the exact same freq.) was showing aircraft after aircraft calling for clearance. I did see them also taxing but did not hear radar contact v4 respond or interact with these aircraft. Also these aircraft were being called general names like "boeing or airbus" instead of their correct call sign which default atc did recongize.

In the GENERAL tab make sure the following is checked:INTERACT WITH AIAI CHATTERIn the same tab make sure Pre-Recorded Chatter is not checked.In the FS settings for sound be sure as stated ATC is turned down. You will hear any common frequency chat via RC "regeneration" now.This combo works for me. As soon as I switch to get clearance delivery or ground I do hear other aircraft with similar requests appropriately for each frequency. I do use autotune for comms.

Thanks for the responses to those questions. I still would like to know how to set up where Rcv4 responds to AI aircraft by there correct call sign.

I'm hearing the correct call sign of AI. If RC recognizes what is ordained in the aircraft.cfg of the AI (returned by FSUIPC to it)then it should respond in kind. If your AI traffic program compiled all correctly with the correct AI configurations it should work. I have Ultimate Traffic V2 that generated most of my AI.If the airline is not in RC's vocabulary you will get a tail number. With FSUIPC came a utility called traffic look. With a FS9 running fire it up and see what AI information is being examined by RC when it runs. There may be more but it is a good utility. There is a similar utility you can download in the AI SDK from Microsoft called Traffic Toolbox I believe.Here's a sample Traffic Look report just as I started up FS parked at Berlin-Tegel - EDDT: FS A.I. Aircraft Details - Ground Page 1 Slot ID State Rwy From To COM1 Dist Brg(M) Alt User 122.95 128 07 AIR FRANCE EDDT LFPG 124.85 0 nm 128 129 02 HANSALINE EDDT LSZH 124.85 0 nm 251 126 11 HANSALINE EDDT LOWW 124.85 0 nm 111 126 12 SPEEDWAY EDDT EDDK 124.85 0 nm 090 128 00 HANSALINE EDDT LOWW 124.85 0 nm 075 126 08 OLYMPIC EDDT LGAV 124.85 0 nm 212 128 09 IBERIA EDDT LEBL 124.85 0 nm 191 129 01 HANSALINE EDDT EDDS 124.85 0 nm 078 126 03 HANSALINE EDDT LFPG 124.85 0 nm 229 126 10 HANSALINE EDDT EDDL 124.85 0 nm 180 126 04 LUFTHANSA 185 TaxiOut 26L EDDT EDDF 121.75 0 nm 185 135 05 SPEED BIRD 983 TaxiOut 26L EDDT EGLL 121.75 0 nm 164 129 06 SCANDINAV 2678 TaxiOut 26L EDDT ESSA 121.75 0 nm 073 128As you can see the ICAO radio calls if present in the aircraft.cfg of the IA are listed and I do hear some of these.

I just wanted to say that I am sorry for posting the problem about AI being called generic names like "boeing and airbus". After, closely reading the Rcv4 manual I found out that Rcv4 has issues with fs hot seat.Not thinking, about the fact fs hot seat was installed before (many months)installation of the product Rcv4 (also the fact I forgot it was even on my system) I found it was indeed causing the issue.The fix was to remove all the FSUIPC files from the modules folder within Fs2004 and reinstall a new copy of the FSUIPC.Now traffic is called by the correct call signs when running Rcv4.I would like to mendtion that this product is much better then default ATC for the IFR pilot. Knowing that vatsim can not always be online when/where I would like them to be. Rcv4 is the answer that I have been searching for some time now that fills my needs.