Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Take of problem

At some occasition I have experienced this with RC4. I'm told to wait for another plane before taking of. But then nothing happens. Therefore I enter the runway and are told that I was supposed to wait.But that wait seems to be something wrong since it never seems to end.

is interact with ai checked?have you click rebuild rc scenery database?jd

>is interact with ai checked?>I don't know but I suppose so because it only happens occasionally.>have you click rebuild rc scenery database?>Did so when I last time installed new scenery and from what I remember I should do it at these occasions.

Check these items out. These are recommendations:1. In options be sure Interact with AI is checked.2. Be sure you have FSUIPC 3.65 or later.3. Be sure you are up as close as possible to the hold short line. It is hard to estimate in some forward views.4. Make sure you are at the correct runway. (Don't laugh but I did this once holding at the wrong parallel.) Check the distance to runway reading in the RC box in the forward view.5. If your aircraft has a TCAS what does it show for aircraft on approach.6. I find occasionally it does take a long wait before runway clearance is given.7. Are AI in front of you departing.8. Turn your AI percent down for a test.9. Is this at all airports? Multiple runways active?10. If you have traffic congestion on approach search in this forum for text AISmooth or AI Smooth comments. This is freeware that can relieve approach congestion used properly. If you do use it be sure its respond to user aircraft is disabled as well as its ATC voice to avoid conflicts with RC.11. A bit advanced but in your FSUIPC folder is an application called traffic look. While FS is active you can start this program in another window. It will give you a spreadsheet like display of AI around you on the ground, in the air, or both, that you can alt-tab to help see what might be causing the problem when you are "stuck".

>Check these items out. These are recommendations:>1. In options be sure Interact with AI is checked.>Checked. It was enabled.>2. Be sure you have FSUIPC 3.65 or later.>Got the latest FSUIPC 3.7>3. Be sure you are up as close as possible to the hold short>line. It is hard to estimate in some forward views.>There was a plane in front of me (was told that I was number 2). Should I get as close as possible to it?>4. Make sure you are at the correct runway. (Don't laugh but I>did this once holding at the wrong parallel.) Check the>distance to runway reading in the RC box in the forward view.>Only one possible runway last time>5. If your aircraft has a TCAS what does it show for aircraft>on approach.>Didn't show any aircraft.>6. I find occasionally it does take a long wait before runway>clearance is given.>How long?>7. Are AI in front of you departing.>No that was the problem last time. I kept waiting for the plane in front of me and nothing happened.>9. Is this at all airports? Multiple runways active?>No just occasionally and seems to be mostly random.>10. If you have traffic congestion on approach search in thisDon't think that was the case. No plane landed for a long time. But at one occasion I was told during the ecaluation that I had taxi on the rwy while another plane was on short final. I never saw such a plane neither visually or on the TCAS.