Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

RC looses track

I've had two incidents where RC seems to loose track of me. Both instances involved a messages saying, "Due to traffic saturation center has cut us off, fly direct (my next waypoint) maintain xx degrees (heading to next waypoint)" Once passing the waypoint RC seems to expect me to keep to the assigned heading but just leaves me there forever until I declare a minimum fuel. The last waypoint in both cases was about 60 miles from the airport: Palm Springs and Colorado Springs. Maybe RC has trouble with airports with "springs" in the name; bounces you around ;-) I had to deviate in both cases otherwise I would run into mountains; NOTAMS was on. I have holding for weather checked. I also tried going back to the waypoint as the display would show it at the top once I got passed it but then I got yelled at for not maintaining the assigned course. Since I can't predict when this will happen I didn't have Debug on. Mike

Oops.. forgot to mention that weather in both cases was clear with light winds. Mike

put the last checkpoint NEAR the airport, and try again. 60 miles away from the airport is a little much.jd