Sign in to follow this  
neilbradley1

Localiser Alingment

JD,I have just completed a number of legs in Europe (PMDG B737) to airports where due to terrain the localiser is offset from the runway centreline. This results in vectors for intercept being given by RC that will never intercept anywhere near IAF. An extreme case was Reggio Calabria (LICR) using the RWY 33 LOC/DME. Localiser course 017 and runway heading 331, or a difference of 46 degrees. Inbound from the NE my intercept heading was never going to get me onto the localiser. There are obviously many of these approaches in Europe at least, Genoa, Innsbruk, Sion are some more, and I understand that getting this information and coding it is a big job. But if the product wants to be a worthy substitute for FS ATC then some time may need to be spent on this.This brings up another issue. I took matters into my own hands. This naturally incurred the wroth of ATC. In an attempt to shut the controller up I squawked 7600. All I got for my trouble was 'You're not on the correct code'. Checking the emergency menu, radio failure doesn't feature. Is there a reason for this?NeilYPAD

7600, and others will be incorporated in v5thanks for the feedback on the offset localizers. we'll try to work on that in v5jd