Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Setting CPU Affinity for 'rcv4.exe'

Hi,I have FS9 assigned permanently to Core 0 and anything else running alongside to Core 1. Performance is the smoothest I have experienced, indeed it's quite uncanny at times.However, although it appears to be possible to assign Core 0 or Core 1 to the Radar Contact ver. 4.2.3831 executable on a temporary basis via Task Manager, the same does not appear to be true when you try to make this permanent, e.g. by using the command:imagecfg -a 2x1 "D:Program Filesrcv4rcv4.exe"Radar Contact won't start :( ( which is why it's a good idea to make a backup of the executable first before experimenting ;) )If anyone would like to try this for themselves, may I refer you to:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=1083&page=...where you will find instructions.Mike ASRock 939Dual-SATA2, AMD Athlon 64X2 3800+ (2000MHz)(K8 Manchester), 2GB Crucial PC3200 DDR400 Ram 1CMD (Dual Channel), (AGP 8X) Saphire ATI Radeon X800 XL (R430) 256MB (Omega 3.8.231 (Catalyst 6.3), Hyundai ImageQuest Q17 17" TFT LCD 20ms Monitor (1280x1024x32), SB Audigy2 ZS (Drivers version 5.12.0001.1164 WHQL), WD Caviar SE16 250GB (WD2500KS) SATA2 + Hitachi Deskstar 7K80 UDMA133 (80 GB), ASUS DRW-1608P2S Optical Drive, Antec P150 case with NeoHE 430W PSU, CH Products USB Yoke, Pedals and Fighterstick, Plantronics Headset and Mike combo, TrackIR Pro ver. 4.1 (build 28), Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse, Windows XP Home Edition (SP2), DirectX 9.0c, AGP Aperture = 128MB

I know this is a very old thread but I was wondering if anyone was ever successful at getting this to work?Thanks in advance,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest pellelil

if ImageCfg is patching (making changes directly within) the EXE I'm sure it can't be done - since many programs doesn't like the EXE being changed (to prevent hacking/reverse engineering).http://jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal

That is probably it then... It is a shame because I am able to do it with FS9, ASV/ASG, FDC all to offload everything from the same core as FS9 it makes a Huge performance difference in terms of smoothness...Thanks for the answer though,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

my experience over the years, is that windows and vista do a pretty good job of cpu scheduling. i didn't see the benefits when i tried it years ago.your mileage may varyi think you can set the affinity on the shortcut, or you can do it manually after the launch, instead of using imagecfg.jd

Hey JD,I am still an XP-Pro head :). With FS9 and XP-Pro I see a huge benefit to getting things off the same core as FS9. It is almost like a self contained Wide-FS system as FS has a single core all to itself to play :) Like you said, you can do it afterwards manually so it isn't a big deal at all.Thanks for the response,-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk