Sign in to follow this  
camaflight

A pilot's capability of catching up relevant ATC messag...

Let me start with to say this: I can allow myself to say I have been using RC for many times now. Like many others I had some novice problems as to start with. Of course it's still features that would be nice seeing added to future versions. However, RC has been upgraded over years (before I became a user) and will still improve as a realistic ATC adon to FS. Let me say; you can count on that I will keep on being a customer of yours for the next versions of RC to come ( at least as long as I keep on with flightsimming

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Would turning on the scrolling ATC text window listed in options help you? It will stay up until the next ATC command.Do not however be too slow in acknowledging ATC (7) as you may miss waypoint credit if you cross one before acknowledging.

Hey, I'm doing just fine. Even better and better - that is to say; I started with slow voice setting, later I increased the voice speed a little. Now I'm doing just fine with thatand would like to increase the voice-speed again. And I'm fast in acknowleding, I even allways tune the com myself.What I am asking about is; how is the communication in real life - Except that in RC I have to hit a key on the keyboard to "talk", I wonder if the communication in RC is similar to real aviation communication when it comes to "voice-speed"and amount of chatter (where RC has a "canned" area). Are the pilots really listning to that extremly dense chatter all the time that I mentioned. Let's say over West Europe (Germany,France, Italy.....) ?

In busy areas as in departure and approach, at certain times of day they are sectored out to different frequencies according to arrival and departure directions to keep traffic down and the controllers sane. In low density times one controller may be handling more than one sector. There still is a lot of chatter and pilots typically keep an eye on that for situational awareness so they know what the other aircraft in the area are doing.Controllers often talk fast but distinctly. I have a scanner that I tune all the approach, departure, enroute or all frequencies in. Minneapolis runs about the fourteenth in terms of world wide aircraft traffic movements at KMSP according to one of the airline mags.At string of pearls time they have to talk fast and clear. By experience, both sides know what to expect making it easier to comprehend what is being commanded and acknowledged.Of course, without a copilot, the pilot flying in FS has a bit more to do than in real world situations. I have no problem letting the RC copilot twiddle the radio knobs - it is more difficult in FS anyway.

OK. thanks Ron and thanks for your patience !I think I get the picture.You are surely right about that when after having really got the routines under your skin, you know what to expect and that of course makes you prepared for the ATC calls. I really get the excellent critique every time now, but as I said the voice speed is rather slow - I just wanted to know if I exceeded real life situations by increasing the speed to maximum.Perhaps I get one of those scanners one day. But I feel that if I do, I should be asking myself if I rather should think about becoming a real pilot. It was like a man once said as he participated in a religious meeting: Now we have been shouting hallelujahs for two hours; isn't it about time to do something about it ?!!