Sign in to follow this  
Guest PeertjeB767

Still having Runtime error

Guest PeertjeB767

Hello,A while ago i opened a post about this problem, i can't find it anymore. But after a cooldown period, i tried to fly again, yes i can, but i noticed some problems with my scenery, so quit FS, and made some changes in AFCAD. After that, i decided to Rebuild Scenery DB in Radar Contact, but after that when i started FS9 again and load the flightplan i made in Radar Contact, i got the error message. So i found out, it gives the error after Rebuild Scenery DB. Can you help me again. Only thing that helps is removing Radar Contact and install it again completly new.Peter

what version of makerwys.exe, in the root of the fs9 directory?what scenery add-ons do you have?someone else can add the utility you run, that checks the validity of the scenery config filesjd

Guest PeertjeB767

Hello my version of makerswys.exe is:2.9.0.0 I have all kinds of scenery add ons. From Aerosoft, cloud9, UK2000, Fly Tampa, Greece Scenery Freeware, Turkey scenery Freeware, Lago, Simwings, Canary Sim, ISD Project. etc.So do i need other version of makerswys.exe?Peter

no other version necessary. i'm hoping someone will post the name of the utility that checks the validity of the scenery config.also, if you will follow the steps pinned at the top of the forum, and create a .log, send it to me, and i'll see if there is something obvious wrong from the .logjd

Guest PeertjeB767

Hi Jd,Oke, thanks for the reply. I hope indeed someone will come up with the utility. I can send you the .log file, but i did this already a time ago, 4 files, 4 different routes, and you already replyed with that there was nothing wrong with them....But if you want i can send you some files.Peter

Peter - I too was having issues with rebuilding my Scenery Db - getting run time errors. I had given up on it but yesterday, having read that Pete Dowson had released version 3.0 I downloaded it and the rebuild Scenery DB went OK (for the first time in several months). You might want to try version 3.00 - it's on Pete Dowson's forum http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54 under the post "NEW: Supporting files for FSX [revised 27th September 2006]".

Guest PeertjeB767

Hi, I downloaded every file i found on that forum. But did not found Scenery Db. Our i'm i overlooking something...Peter

not sure what you are looking foropen the scenery config file in fs9make sure the layer numbers match each of the areas. i had a problem, and found an area with a layer used somewhere else.jd

Peter - I was referring to the new version of makerwys.exe from Peter Dowson's forum - sorry I should have been clearer. This is the file that RC needs in the root directory of FS9 to make the various files and that the Rebuild Scenery DB button calls on.

Guest PeertjeB767

Hi,I understand that. No problem. But the problem is i can't find anything about this new version. I looked at his site,nothing in the forum you called a couple reply's ago. So mayby you can email it to me our give me the link to download it?Peter

Don't know how you missed it Peter but here it is:Make Runways utility for databases used by FStarRC, Radar Contact, and others This is version 3.00, with the only change from Version 2.90 being that it now also copes with FSX format airport files. http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/MakeRwys300.zip Again I apologise for the confusion I cause both you and Pete Dowson on this matter. I hope this new makerwys.exe file fixes your problems - it certainly worked for me.

Guest PeertjeB767

Hello,You don't need to apologise, i think. I thank you, for helping me! I donwloaded the file and will have a look, if it will work for me.Regards peter