Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

New version 4.02 and the studders

My RC v4.01 had developed a bad "studder" (from 10 seconds to 2 minutes) responding to a request. I keyed the "UPDATE" button within the rc4 and it came back, NO UPDATES AVAILABLE. This lead me to believe that I had the latest version...... WRONG. I went to the Radar Contact Fourm here and it gave a link to the next version, 4.02 which I downloaded and installed and the "studders" went completely away and now rc is working great ! Question, why did not the Update botton within rd4 advise me of the update ????? jerry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

the check for updates was originally conceived to update the .exe, which it does just fine.unfortunately 4.01 required a whole slew of wav files to be updated, as well as a couple of data files4.2 was a little simpler update, but i decided not to use it, because if a user went from 4.0, to 4.2, they would have skipped all the important updates in 4.01in v5, the check for updates will be able to not only update the .exe, but all the data files, the script files, almost anything in the rc directoryi'm learning :-) .......