Sign in to follow this  
Guest jman214

Adding Airline Name

Is there a way that we can add an airline name to the list of airlines, or is this beyond something the user can do? Thanks.James

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi JamesIt's not quite as simple as just adding an airline, as the voice callsign would (presumably) also need to be added. If it doesn't exist then the chances are that you're stuck. I managed to add a number of 'missing' callsigns - mostly fro UK traffic - by editing and mixing wav files from those already recorded for all of the pilots and controllers, but it is a long and tedious job.So to answer your question, yes, it IS possible, but perhaps not quite as easy as you might think. If you'd like to email me grajay -at- onetel.net I might be able to help you out - no promises mind, but I'll see what I can do. Also your requested airline may already be one that's in the pipeline for recording for RC5.

That's what I thought.:( I understand the procedure you are talking about. You are right, long and tedious job. Guess I could play around with it and see what happens. Thanks for your response.James