Sign in to follow this  
Guest guex

callsign are spoken, sometimes spelled by ATC

Guest guex

Hi JD,As mentioned above, sometimes, an airline callsign is spoken correctly, sometimes it is spelled by ATCExample: "Gaia" or even "Golf Alpha India Alpha..."My question: must the airline callsign be written in capital letters in the aircraft.cfg? or is there another reason for that?Any help greatly appreciated.RegardsJean-Claude (LSZH)

Hi Jean-ClaudeNo, there is no requirement for capital letters to be used at all. RC is very smart in this respect and can even work around unwanted spaces etc. What entry do you have in the aircraft.cfg file?I can check GAIA when I get home to see if there is a recorded wav for it. Otherwise it will be spelt out like Golf Alpha India Alpha.Subs

Guest thundercell

No, there's something else going on. I get the same thing with Air Force. Sometimes (normally) Air Force is pronounced, along with a flight number. Other times it's spelled out phonetically. The spelled out ones happen with AI aircraft.

if a gaia.wav doesn't exist in one of the wav sets, then the call sign is spelled out

all depends on what fsuipc sees as the call sign. if it matches something i have, it's good. if it doesn't, then it is spelled out.make sure the tcas id setting on the miscellaneous tab on fsuipc is set to flightjd

Guest thundercell

I'm not sure if it's important to this, but I forgot to mention that the difference happens even within the same aircraft type. For instance, one aircraft might be called "Air Force 101" while another of the same type will be "A-I-R-F-O-R-C-E" Where does fsuipc get the call sign?

run trafficlook which comes with fsuipc. you will see what i seedo you have the tcas id set properly, like i asked in another post in this thread?jd

Guest thundercell

OK. tcasid is set to flight. I just had a look at trafficlook and there are some entries that have just "AIR FORCE" listed and some that have "AIR FORCE 123" (for example).I also had a look at Traffic Explorer that came with Traffic 2005 and the "offending" flights have a "-1" as a flight number, which seem to correlate with the trafficlook entries that don't have a flight number.I realise then, that it may not be a specific RC issue, but perhaps something to do with TTools, which I'm just learning how it works. In short, the flight plans were those from Traffic 2005 and the Mil PlusPaks. They had numbers assigned to their callsigns. Although not always the case, the "offending" flights seem to be, for the most part, ones originating at and arriving at the same place, whether IFR or VFR. Before I got RC, I believe FS ATC may have used the tail number of the aircraft, but I'm not sure, since it wouldn't be as noticable as a tedious eight letter phonetic spelling of "air force."Since I now see that it may be a Traffic 2005 issue that I only noticed since I got RC, I've also posted on their forum with no joy yet. Anyway, since many of you have much more experience with most of these tools than I do, any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks.

Hi Jean-Claude,I used to get this happening too. I think in my case it was when I used the Markus Brunner's GA-Traffic to generate flight plans for all the FS9 default GA aircraft. One of the aircraft it picked up was the Cessna Caravan Amphibian paint1 - this is a Gaia airlines plane. Some of the flights generated for this aircraft were VFR, and it was these that were causing the Golf Alpha India Alpha callsign.By removing this particular aircraft from the GA traffic configuration I got rid of the problem.I guess it would happen with any aircraft with 'atc_airline' defined when used in a VFR AI flight, not just those created using GA-Traffic.

Ian Box

Hi,See my other post. I may have been mistaken that it was VFR flights causing this - it might be, as you say, that the flight number is missing. The GA-Traffic program generates both VFR and IFR flights, but these always have a flight number of 0000. My solution was to exclude the airline planes from GA-Traffic - yours would probably be to add flight numbers to the TTools definitions.

Ian Box

Guest guex

Thanx for this post!I think you put the finger on the right spot. If I remember, all airline names spelled ar also used by GA AC's (Singapore, Gaia, Scandinavian, American, etc...)I have a lot of GA traffic generated in my sim, so let me a bit of time to check this.I will come back again with the results of my investigations...RegardsJean-Claude

Guest guex

Hi everybody,Here the results of my investigations.All airline callout spelled came from aircrafts where the tail ID was a 7 characters name like GLB-123, GLB-ABC,....These names were given randomly by the generation of flightplans using AI Traffic Mover. Maybe did I make a mistake there, I don't know.Changing all names beginning with GLB- with something like N34 did correct about 90% of all spelled names.I then changed the ,R, (Registration) with ,L, (Airline) for all flights in the flightplans, forcing RC to speak the airline name instead of the registration.Now, I just hear tail registrations spelled from aircrafts without ATC-airline in the aircraft.cfg.Everything OK for me now. Thanks for your help.RegardsJean-Claude