Sign in to follow this  
Carolus39

Tutorial 1 at approaching Kord

HelloI am new to RC and tried the turorial 1 today.The first time was not that good, so I tried it a second time.This went better.At the end when approaching Kord, I got a message to contact approach.First I got the freq. 122.90, which is no where in the list. Soon after that I got an other freq. 128.45, which is the correct one.What happened is that the freq. 128.45 was set in the nav radio and it was acknowleged but in the text display there still was freq 122.90 and I couldn't get it out. So when I pressed 1 I got a wait and some time later the controler was asking again to contact him at freq 128.45.Due to this I flew over Kord and had to ask for a visual apprach.An other thing I don't understand is that when I mis a waipoint/fix the controler have me turn back 180 degrees, that is inderstandable but a couple of minutes later he send me to an other direction.I didn't even missed the waipoint at a great distance.What will happen when I fly the PMDG 747-400 on the AP ???I have notice that when it is a sharp turn, the AP start to turn long before the waipoint is reached, sometime 2 legs make a very sharp edge, so such a heavy aircraft cn not amek such a sharp turn which would be very nasty for the passengers.There is something else with the Adv display.I get two dispays.1. From RC which is transparent( I like that) and in the title bar: Radar Contact and it has the text in red.2. When I click on the Adv display in the module in FS, I get an other Text screen with Adv display in the title bar and there is no way that I can get the text of the RC in that text box. When right clicking in the textbox of the Adv display from the module in FS, I get the menu but it has no Save option in it.I have already downloaded the lastest Adv display from Shirrati.Has someone has an idea how to solve this situations?????RegardsCarlos

kord is a big airport, there are two approach controllers. one takes over when you are about to be turned downwindif you are being turned 90 degrees when you should be switching to approach, you've missed your crossing restriction.delete the advdisplay.dll from the fs modules directoryjd

If your aircraft misses a waypoint in anticipation of a sharp turn so RC does not credit it, go into the extended menu and select a direct to the next waypoint from the waypoint list presented.This usually only happens on departures where you'll encounter those sharp turns.

When I delete the ADv display, I can't change the color etc,I can undock/dock and resize the "Radar Contact" text box, but that is all.In the manual and tutorials all the text is in the textbox with Adv displ in the title and green text.Is this done in a different way than usual????I am a little confused for in the manual there is a separate chapter for Adv Display.Carlos

You can get white text if you wish in the "new" RC window. Make a safety copy of FSUIPC.INI. Edit FSUIPC.INI under the General section to add the line:WhiteMessages=YesThe separate section in the manual on ADV DISP is now obsolete when using current versions of FSUIPC.One more command I use occasionally is to hide the RC window with CTRL-X as my chosen key combo.AdvDisplayHotKey=88,10still works (put it in the General section) in the current versions of FSUIPC even though ADV DISP is no longer used.

Ok thanks. I think it is better to produce an appendix/addendum to the manual, for I thinks there will be lost of misunderstanding about this.You can say that from FSUIPC 3.73 the Adv. Display- downloaded from Shirati- is of no value anymore, so we know that is obsolete. Thanks for respondingRegardsCarlos