Sign in to follow this  
tcxcadet

IPC timed out all retries

Hello!I know VISTA is a bit hit and miss at the minute, but i've managed to get Radar Contact working on a previous occasion.I've got the latest patch and have installed the latest version of FSUIPC from Peter's website. I've also registered all the .OCX files without any problems.The problem starts when I press 'start RC' I keep getting the message 'IPC timed out all retries'. I've posted a similar message on Peter's forum and he suggested installing FS in a directory outside Programme Files. I've done this but am still receiving this message.I've got all my other add-ons to work including programmes that need FSUIPC, but RC is having problems! Any ideas please?Many thanks,Mike

try following the directions at the top of the forum, and generate a .logbe sure to click debug, as soon as rc starts.hopefully there will be something in there, even if it blows up right as you click start rc.i'm running rc on vista against fs9 and fsx without issueare you sure you have the latest fsuipc? what version do you have? widefs or same pc has rc and fs?jd

has anyone found a fix for Ipc timed out? I did not have this problem until I installed vista. thanks keith

has anyone found a fix for Ipc timed out? I did not have this problem until I installed vista. thanks keith
Hi,As a long time vista 32 bit user I have checked back and I can confirm to you that I have never had this problem.I do know that you must use administrator rights when using RC,ie.right click and click on administrator.Sorry I cannot help any furtherNorman