Sign in to follow this  
norman_99

Uncontrolled Airspace??

G'day,I was just wondering of there are any plans to introduce a form of uncontrolled airspace in a future version of RC. I do most of my flying in Australia and outside the major cities, the class E airspace floor is 8,500 if in radar coverage, or 12,500 outside. Because of this ATC will never clear you for approaches to these airports, but simply give you a clearence to leave on descent, as well as information on any IFR and known VFR traffic. The rest is left up to the crew to do.I know it's possible to select the departure or destination as uncontrolled, but the center controller just takes over the ATC duties, so the system is not completely accurate when operating in Australia. I also understand that RC divides airspace up into vertical sectors, and therefore was wondering if it would be possible to creat an uncontrolled sector, with the option of allowing the user to set the hight of controlled airspace, similar to setting the MSA. That way it would still be possible to operate IFR, with appropriate calls, such as CTAF, as well as taxi & departure calls to ATC, but be able to track as you'd like, only getting a clearence once reaching the controlled airspace.I know that a feature like this may take a lot of work include and that i'm probabily the only person who's requesting it so i totatlly understand if it's not on your list of priorities, but i'd just like to if the idea has been brought up before. Even if you don't plan on including it, thanks for a great program, FS just isn't the same without it.SincerlyMichael

i've asked our resident aussie controller to help here. but in v5 we will be doing vfr, which may go a long way to achieving what you are looking for.maybe, i just write the code :-)jd