Sign in to follow this  

Blurry Textures

Guest PaulL01

>ok, so this happen after 1-2min of flying or when I change >view. OK, so this is a "dynamic" blurrie issue, Your CPU andmemory sub system is a little slow and all you can do is turn all of the major power hungry settings down or off.I would go in and strip the settings right down to basic and then start slowly bring them back to the settings that your PC will handle.Some of the biggies in FS2k2 are:1.Mesh detail - turn down to 60-80%2.Terrain/ground shadows -off3.ATC AI- turn way down and be carefull not to load any of the 3rd party aircraft as AI unless they are noted as being AI performance freindly (Gmax -optimized)4.deatil textures -off5.Water effects -off6.AutoGen -turn down7.AC reflective effect turn downAnd you can keep going...except leave terrain texture quality ans size at high. >I check d3d menu and it was blank, in mipmap detail level >nothing was select, which one should I select? I have 2942 >driver. Stop!, OK, do are you using driver tweaking software like GTU or somthing? If so what are your settings there in D3D as to mipmap LOD and aniso?Paul

I download gtu yesterday, there is mipmap LOD.Jacek

Guest PaulL01

John,>The Conservative swap edit does make a difference as you >pointed out, but I let Windows manage the swap file. Why? >It's never used on my system, and to set it up otherwise >would be a waste of space. Free RAM has to fall to around >50-60 megs before the first signs swap file activity >happens.... I've run system monitor for hours on end to >prove this point to my junior techs, who come into the team >with all guns blazing emphatically stating they know the >system will page 'coz they heard it from some tech guru who >knew Bill Gates, blah blah blah... With third party add-ons >and/or mesh, sure RAM req's will be higher. I don't run >third party add-ons, and my only mesh is the AZ >Sedona/Meteor crater mesh that Orlando created. My system >has never paged while FS2002 has been running, unless I >launch another app or add to the texture load by applying >the .cfg tweak. Makes Perfect sense as to the way you are running FS right now, but sooner or latter...:)>BTW, after seeing your comment on "networking guys" (and >gals--Claire is one of our finest), my specialty is program >deployment/network LAN/WAN support. I am much more involved >on a workstation level than a normal network admin might be, >and spend a fair amount of time doing deployment analysis on >our workstations, which must handle image processing and CAD >apps without any problems. I get to travel to our branch >offices after product rollouts to verify performance, and >audit the setup of workstations to make sure they conform >with our baseline standards. I feel I have a good grasp on >the subject :) I admire you for that, I only have half a brain and would be spit out onto the street in no time if I tried doing your work. :)And the guy and gals is a good point, sorry didn't mean to offend anyone.>Anyway, I'm off to the office. I'd rather dwell on BA767's >problem.... Methink's there's something he hasn't yet >checked, or known how to...He has to go back to the basics, strip FS down to run lean and then make his way back up a little at a time.As always, nice chatting with you.Paul

"are the NvMax better then RivaTuner and how good is 22.50compared with 28.90?"I never tried the RivaTuner, One thing I know, after all 22.50 driver available, the nvmax does not have any effect on tweaking with my tnt2 ultra card, So My driver are 22.50 I am happy with them , they are crisp.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest PaulL01

>I download gtu yesterday, there is mipmap LOD. >>Jacek Jacek,I know you are struggling with this but you need to answer a little more thoroughly please. :)No matter, forget GTU for now, go into your normal display settings menu under the D3D tab and pick "best disply quality" settings and under the Antialiasing tab pick "allow application to choose AA". Now do all of the turning down of your sliders and setting as noted in the above post in addition make sure not to have Antialising enabled in FS2k2 and also limit the visability to 60 miles or less, save your settings. rebbot your PC and let us know how it is behaving. :)Paul

BA; you're running a GF2 Ultra with the latest drivers?? I wonder if maybe it's not a driver problem?? Just a guess. Are you comfortable changing drivers?? I'm not. Maybe you should put the manufacturer drivers back in. The ones on your CD.Reason I say that is cause I'm still running the CD drivers on my Herc GTS64 card which is less powerful than yours. While I don't necessarily recommend running older versions, there's been reports that the 12.41 drivers work well also. Course I'm running the 5.16 manufacturer drivers from Hercules. hehehe. They work great on my old system.Here's where I have my settings on my PIII800 384sdram PC100 and GTS64 card: 1600x1200x16 (not enough power for 32bit)Frames set at 22 and that's where they stay most of the time. Also running Paul's recommended extended terrain settings which btw caused me to have to get that third stick of 128ram cause 256 was not enough. Too much harddrive activity. None noticeable with 384mgs. And wow, what a difference an extra stick of ram made on smoothness. Not framerate, but overall smoothness was greatly enhanced and it only cost $32 bucks for that extra stick. If I move any of those three scenery sliders up to that max position, my textures blurr out. They're fine where they're at 99 percent of the time. http://www.x-plane.org/users/mgdbottled/Graphics.jpg http://www.x-plane.org/users/mgdbottled/Learjet2.jpg

I do everything what Paul say, but theres no diffrence:((, im go to format pc and install windows again and then install original driver from cd, maybe this will help.Thanks for all replies.Jacek

"ok, so this happen after 1-2min of flying or when I change view."What's nagging me about your problem is that I had a similar one early on with FS2002, but it happened when I tried to deploy FS2002 under Windows 95, so I discounted it yesterday until posted your screen shot. FS2002 ran, but a flight between Phoenix and SFO would tend to blur after 15-20 minutes, especially after changing views. So I started to dig into my system, and finally dug up a reference to a second display driver in my registry. Although it didn't show up in Device Manager, the dll's with the device (my original ATI card, which preceded my Voodoo, which preceded my current GEF/2 :) ) were loading. I had to manually delete the reference to the device. Back in those days I was using Norton's regcleaner, and still the issue wasn't caught.After I deleted the references, the problem went away, and another odd problem--a random GPF in safe mode, also went away. My only thought is that FS2002 was trying to update a ghost display as well as the "real" one. I guess this leads me to the question...is your current graphics card the original one on the system? And related, have you verified that the graphics card is assigned an IRQ and is not sharing with anything? Before you dig into the registry, System Information allows you to check what drivers are being loaded. If you had another card once, you might be able to detect whether the drivers are still being loaded by looking at System Information.... And System Information might identify some other driver or applet which could be disturbing the display processes....

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

>no, I just have newest driver from nvidia...well, you've found solution to your problem!Revert to previous driver set and "muddy" scenery will go out.Personally went back to v12.41, yes, 12.41 since i didn't notice any improvement both in image quality and fps.From time to time i try some new driver set but after a few experiment i ususally decide that it's better to stay with oldies.WELL and BETTER are enemies!!!!!!!!!Keep on flyingLuigi ;-)

I'll don't want to spoil any effort made to help, however one good point is that right of the box all should be okay :-)With okay I'll mean reasonable frame rates with a acceptable rebuilds of your screen... :-)So it seems your rebuild isn't going well, some questions and tips.- First stay away from any tweak or tweak overclocking utility or edit any *.cfg file before your system is stable and have reasonable performance... :-)- Second is don't change to much if you want to pinpoint your problem.- Ask your self the question is it Hardware / Software / or Install related- Tip no need to reinstall your system software, go to the inf directory and just deleted the *.inf file from your driver, reboot and surprise you can reinstall your original driver.Before we are able to help give some more information:- Some questions - System info hardware:Processor/Motherboard/Memory/Harddisk/VGA/Joystick/Mouse/etc... - Operating software version? (build number/ME?) - Did this problem occur with other software? - Which program running in the background when FS2002 is started? - virus software running when FS2002 is started? - Scenery files installed on the harddisk or partial and from CD? - What is the swapfile size from your operating system? - What is the cache size for the scenery files? - What is the temperature from your proccessor when idle and under full load (FS2002 running)?Further I'll will look into TechNet from Microsoft and the knowledge base to find something on this subject, because I'll read something in the past related to this event.awfEHAM

André

awfEHAMSee knowledge base:Flight Simulator 2002: Known Video-Related Issues (Q309638)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The information in this article applies to:Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 Professional Edition --------------------------------------------------------------------------------SUMMARYThis article provides a summary of video-related issues that you may experience in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002. MORE INFORMATIONThe following video cards and chip sets have known video-related issues in Flight Simulator. By updating your drivers from the video-card manufacturer, you may resolve some of these issues. ATI To download updated ATI video drivers, browse to the following ATI Technologies Web site: http://www.ati.com/na/pages/na_index.html ATI Radeon Retail drivers for Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition (SE): Flights may launch to a black screen when you use higher screen resolutions. You can fix this issue by installing the latest drivers. Scenery and spot plane appears to have blue tint or tone. ATI Rage Fury Maxx Retail drivers for Windows 98 SE: When you attempt to display drop-down menus by pressing the ALT key, this does not always work. You can fix this issue by installing the latest drivers. ATI Xpert 2000 Pro The latest drivers for Windows 98 SE: You may experience texture corruption when you use higher screen resolutions. ATI Rage Fury Pro All drivers for all operating systems: Textures may become corrupted, with lines appearing on the screen. ATI Xpert98 Both the retail and latest driver versions for Windows 98 SE: The sky textures may be visible through the terrain in certain locations. ATI Mobility 128 AGP 4X Hitachi retail drivers for Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me): The Japanese version of Flight Simulator 2002 may restart or cause the program to stop responding (hang). ATI Mobility M4 Garbled or no Text with in the game and Main menus. This can also include the ATC window and any pop-up option windows. NOTE : This chipset is used in Laptop computers. ATI does not provide drivers for this chipset. Please check with the computer manufacture to see if they have a newer driver available. ATI Rage Mobility Unable to adjust visibility, always set to infinite (so no fog, clouds, etc. available). ATI Fire Gl2, ATI Fire Gl3, ATI Fire Gl3 Unable to start Flight Simulator. These video cards do not provide DirectX support needed to run Flight Simulator. ATI Rage 128 Chipset To change the Local Weather settings to higher cloud densities and lower visibility, follow these steps: Windows 98 You must have ATI Driver Version 4.13.01.7192 or newer installed. If you do not, download the latest drivers from: http://www.ati.com You must have DirectX version 8.1 installed. If you do not, download the latest version of DirectX from: http://www.microsoft.com/directx After you download and install both of the updates, change the following setting: Right-click on your desktop, and then select Properties . On the Settings tab, click Advanced . On the Direct 3D tab, clear the Table Fog Support option. Click Apply , and then click OK twice. Windows 2000 an Windows XP In Windows 2000, you must have ATI Driver Version 5.13.01.3279 or newer installed. In Windows XP, you must have ATI Driver Version 6.13.3279.0000 or newer installed. If you do not, download the latest drivers from: http://www.ati.com You must have DirectX version 8.1. If you do not, download the latest version of DirectX from: http://www.microsoft.com/directx After you download and install both of the updates, change the following setting: Right-click on your desktop, and then select Properties . On the Settings tab, click Advanced . On the Direct 3D tab, clear the Table Fog Support option. Click Apply , and then click OK twice. Diamond To download updated drivers for Diamond, browse to the following Diamond Web site: http://www.diamondmm.com Diamond Speedstar Aircraft skins may be displayed as chrome when viewed up close. Diamond Speedstar A90 Shadow textures on some aircraft may become corrupted. Diamond Viper II Z200 Reference S3 Savage 2000 drivers for Windows 98 SE: Flight Simulator may stop responding (hang) when you use higher screen resolutions. You may be able to resolve this issue by installing the latest drivers. Diamond Stealth III S540 The latest drivers for Windows 98: Evidence of texture swapping and corruption may be visible on the aircraft. Diamond Viper II Z-200 The retail, the latest, and the reference drivers for all operating systems: Auto-generated trees may be visible through the aircraft. Virtual cockpit textures may be corrupted. 3dfx Updating the drivers may help with the following issues: After installing product, the computer may hang on restart. Updating the video card drivers helped with this issue. Aircraft may have no textures or colors. Updating the drivers may help with this issue. To download updated 3dfx video drivers, browse to the following 3dfx Web site: http://www.3dfx.com Voodoo 3 Retail drivers for Windows 98 SE: Aircraft instrument panels may flicker on and off when you use higher screen resolutions. Also, water detail textures are not visible when you use this card. Voodoo Banshee Also applies to Creative Labs video adapter that use Banshee chipset. To resolve this issue, download and install the latest version of the reference driver for Voodoo Banshee-based video adapters from the following 3Dfx Web site: http://www.3dfxgamers.com To work around this issue, disable hardware acceleration in Flight Simulator 2000 and Flight Simulator 2002: Start Flight Simulator 2000 and Flight Simulator 2002, and then click Fly Now! . On the Options menu, point to Settings , and then click Display . On the Hardware tab, click to clear the Enable hardware acceleration check box, and then click the green check mark. Elsa To download updated Elsa video drivers, browse to the following Elsa Web site: http://www.elsa.com Elsa Erazor III Retail drivers for Windows 2000: Flight Simulator runs only in software-rendering mode. This generally causes slower performance. Elsa Erazor III Pro All drivers for Windows 98 SE: Black specks may appear on the terrain when the Water Reflections option is selected in the Display Settings dialog box. ELSA Gladiac 511 Windows 98: You may experience texture corruption. To resolve this issue, download the latest drivers from the Elsa Web site. Matrox To download updated Matrox video drivers, browse to the following Matrox Web site: http://www.matrox.com Matrox Marvel G-400 Both the retail and the latest available drivers for Windows 98 SE: Texture corruption may occur when you select the Antialiasing option in the Display Settings dialog box. Additionally, you may experience visible flickering on the windshield and doors of the Cessna 182S and the Boeing 777 in this configuration. NVIDIA To download updated NVIDIA video drivers, browse to the following NVIDIA Web site: http://www.nvidia.com NVIDIA drivers Windows 2000: The computer may restart (crash) when you change the resolution in the Display Settings dialog box. To resolve this issue, download updated drivers from the NVIDIA Web site. Windows Me: The computer may stop responding (hang) when you change views while flying in the float plane. Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98: The computer may restart in Safe Mode after installing the program. Contact Your Video Adapter Manufacturer For information about how to contact your video card manufacturer, click the appropriate article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: Q65416 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, A-K Q60781 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, L-P Q60782 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, Q-Z To identify the manufacturer and model of your video adapter, follow these steps: Click Start , point to Settings , and then click Control Panel . Double-click System . If you are using a Microsoft Windows 95-based or a Microsoft Windows 98-based computer, click the Device Manager tab. -or- If you are using a Microsoft Windows 2000-based computer or Windows XP, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager . Click the plus sign (+) next to Display adapters to expand the branch. Note the manufacturer and model of your video adapter, and then click OK . Close all open windows on the desktop. NOTE : Reference drivers are drivers that are released by the manufacturers of specific video chip sets. Retail drivers are drivers that are released by the manufacturer of a video adapter or sound card that use a specific chip set. The third-party contact information included in this article is provided to help you find the technical support you need. This contact information is subject to change without notice. Microsoft in no way guarantees the accuracy of this third-party contact information. The third-party products discussed in this article are manufactured by vendors independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Published Oct 9 2001 2:26PM Issue Type kbinfo Last Modifed Jun 6 2002 9:02PM Additional Query Words msgame fs2002 Keywords kbimu --------------------------------------------------------------------------------COMMENTS?

André

Guest PaulL01

Nice of you to join the discusion but Man either you dont have any working knowledge of the subject and are just going to add confusion or you dont understand the problem as many of your questions have nothing to do with the problem, as in they are way out there man! :-lol>I'll don't want to spoil any effort made to help, however >one good point is that right of the box all should be okay >:-) False, right out of the box many folks have this problem.>- Tip no need to reinstall your system software, go to the >inf directory and just deleted the *.inf file from your >driver, reboot and surprise you can reinstall your original >driver. Are you trying to tell him to un-install re-install his drivers? Talk about confused...>Before we are able to help give some more information: >>- Some questions > - System info hardware: >Processor/Motherboard/Memory/Harddisk/VGA/Joystick/Mouse/etc... > - Operating software version? (build number/ME?) > - Did this problem occur with other software? > - Which program running in the background when FS2002 is >started? > - virus software running when FS2002 is started? > - Scenery files installed on the harddisk or partial and >from CD? > - What is the swapfile size from your operating system? > - What is the cache size for the scenery files? > - What is the temperature from your proccessor when idle >and under full load (FS2002 running)? As I said, way out there man! Dont get me wrong, its just that you are asking questions that would be more relavent to system lockups than the common problem that he has.He needs to simply go through turning down all of his settings in FS2k2 and resetting his display driver settings before any other suggestions on hardware or OS. Proccess oF elimination, you start with the most obviouse and simplest my friend. :)Paul

Guest PaulL01

>I do everything what Paul say, but theres no diffrence:((, >im go to format pc and install windows again and then >install original driver from cd, maybe this will help. >Thanks for all replies. >>Jacek No Need Jacek, you simply need to answer the questions as we go along, sifting through this mess, I dont see what you have your Frame lock set to, this should be set at around 20 for your set up, what is your setting?E-mail me at: pleatzaw@frontiernet.net and I will help you out.Paul

Guest PaulL01

>Comments?Nice of you to be helpful, but it really is no help if you are not familiar with the problem yourself, He has a GF2 Ultra and is using winME, nothing on that page is of any help here, he doesn't use an ATI, is not using win98 or win2K etc. etc. etc....:-rollKeep it real! :)

Guest PaulL01

Doh! Doh! Doh!Thanks John! :-loledit: all erased!!!Paul