Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

now i'm sure there is a problem AI not departing after RC install

ANyone have this happen, my AI will not depart all traffic freezes at the airport even after im landed, tower is speechless no activity at all. I had about 12 planes lined up waiting for takeoff instructions, no one ws moving it wasn't even rush hour therefore it was just an accumulation of planes to depart. It happened at EDDF but i clicked refresh ai and problem solved due to change of winds, then it worked, now i was landing so there was no way i wanted to click refresh ai and have the runway change on me when im on short final. so I landed but all planes ceased activity. This has been really weird and not realistic in my last two flights. Prior to these i wan't even paying attention to airport activity with RC. But flying into these airports all activity under fs9 atc was normal.This airport was LOWW. I ran rebuild scenery databasse by pointing to my fs9 folder. Since LOWW is (fly tampa scenery) I would like to see the flow move along or does RC just freeze everybody because im coming in, i've had planes in the air with me on final which i had to surpass so i don't go around, in fact my altitude was lower then the other ai, so i went ahead and i got clearance, however that plane never came back , no clue what happened.Can anyone explain to me the RC engine and if what im noticing is normal!I do use AI smooth but in another post it was said to be ok. Besides that i cant think of anything. I realise fs does not take the wind into consideration but mine seems to really care, no aircraft will takeoff with a tailwind.???

what you are seeing is not normal. if every one else was seeing the same thing, we would be in trouble.what version of makerwys.exe is in the root of the fs directory, and have you run the rebuild rc scenery database.sounds like a discrepancy between the scenery, and what you have in the rc scenery databasethen again, turn off aismooth and anything else that might be gumming up the works, and see what happensjd

Not home right now but i will let you know which version i have, i just purchased RC4.3 so its whatever file you bundled with it, i never had that file, that i know of.As for the rebuild scenery i'm only supposed to point the path of the root of fs9 right? Not of the add on scenery! Both airports were add ons LOWW and EDDF but both were different scenarios, departure for EDDF and arrival for LOWW.

Make sure in AI Smooth respond to user aircraft is not checked. It should not affect ground traffic. A slightly earlier version with this checked would restrict AI from landing if the user aircraft was anywhere near an active runway. Version 1.2 of AI Smooth is here:http://www.sg-flightware.de/makerwys.exe is at v 4.25 from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlGo to your FS route folder and right click on makerwys.exe. Click on properties, then the version tab to check your version. If older than above download and install the new one over it.I have megaEDDF so I checked its AFCAD and the RC4 runway database and do not see anything strange to conflict. Run AFCAD and be sure only the default (stock) layer plus the megaEDDF run are present. If you are running a traffic add-on be sure you have removed any eddf afcad it might have placed in FS scenery.I have not departed EDDF for quite a while but I do not recall any AI problems.When refreshing weather with AS 6.5 I always click the AI Refresh after the the weather writes are complete. This should happen automatically (if the option is enabled) but I'm not sure it does. I no longer see it automatically indicate as such in the AS status line.FS will allow AI to take off with a small tail wind. RC assigns the runway active AI are using and if none are active then it uses its own priorities. Do not start RC until the AI are refreshed.

you don't point to anything. you click the rebuild scenery database on the rc main screen. it's a batch file, it will take a few minutes to runthen restart rcclick debugload your .plnclick start rcfly your flight. if you have any problems with the ai, send me the .log from the flightjd

Hi Ronzie,1.As for Ai smooth i had version V1.12 so i updated to 2.0, i unchecked "user plane response" if thats what you meant, it was checked in my older version?2.Makerwys i had V4.1.2, so i updated to 4.2.5. Being in the fs9 folder, i noticed 2 files called scenery before mega EDDF installed.cfg not sure if this should be there it does seem like a backup but, i wonder how fs9 handles a name like that, does it even look at it. I have the master scenery.cfg and some other scenery.bak and scenery.old i may have created these in case of problems with scenery, anyway i didn't touch any of these. Just need to be assured anything other than scenery.cfg will not be looked at by fs9 or makerwys. I did not have one for LOWW!!3.I'm ok with 3rd party afcad for eddf basically no duplicates.4.Ai refresh is handled automatically for me after the writes. I usually do start RC after my route is created in active sky and writes are complete. Thanks for the heads up!5. I guess the next step would be to run makerwys via RC?I will not be flying until Friday or Saturday unfortunately to test due to some busy work schedules, but i will gladly try all these changes and see what effect it has.EDIT:I do have the latest FSUIPC 3.75Thanks!

SOrry but when I click rebuild nothing happens, i have to give the fs9 path, C:program files etc.......I also did this countless times, when specifing the path it will run the file and give me the total of runways and airports at the end.

>Hi Ronzie,>>1.As for Ai smooth i had version V1.12 so i updated to 2.0, i>unchecked "user plane response" if thats what you meant, it>was checked in my older version?I never found 2.0. The latest version I have announces itself as 1.12.. I did not see a link to anything newer at the sagner site.>>2.Makerwys i had V4.1.2, so i updated to 4.2.5. Being in the>fs9 folder, i noticed 2 files called scenery before mega EDDF>installed.cfg not sure if this should be there it does seem>like a backup but, i wonder how fs9 handles a name like that,>does it even look at it. I have the master scenery.cfg and>some other scenery.bak and scenery.old i may have created>these in case of problems with scenery, anyway i didn't touch>any of these. Just need to be assured anything other than>scenery.cfg will not be looked at by fs9 or makerwys. I did>not have one for LOWW!!There should be only one scenery.cfg in your FS9 folder. The others with different extensions are backups made typically by installers for add-on sceneries, meshes, etc. makerwys uses only scenery.cfg with its priority list to search your scenery to extract airport data for RC.>>3.I'm ok with 3rd party afcad for eddf basically no>duplicates.Great!>>4.Ai refresh is handled automatically for me after the writes.>I usually do start RC after my route is created in active sky>and writes are complete. Thanks for the heads up!>>5. I guess the next step would be to run makerwys via RC?Yes. makerwys should always be run using the scenery rebuild database function in RC. It starts a multistep process first calling makerwys and after that is finished copies files to and creates some others in your RCdata folder overwriting older data files.Here's a tip. I have a notepad created text file that contains the path string to FS9 that the scenery rebuild requires. There is a shortcut to it on my desktop. When the path is requested I open that file and then highlight and copy (ctrl-c) and then switch back to RC and set the cursor in the path box and paste it in (ctrl-v). It saves typing that long path each time.>>I will not be flying until Friday or Saturday unfortunately to>test due to some busy work schedules, but i will gladly try>all these changes and see what effect it has.>EDIT:I do have the latest FSUIPC 3.75>Thanks!

Follow jd's log instructions. After the first step of all the runways stats being done, there should be a few dialog boxes where you click OK. They relate to copying or creating r4.csv and a4.csv.I assume you are running RC on your FS PC, not over a network and answered as such at the first dialog box.Another problem is the typical Vista rights mess if you are using it. You must be running as an admin and the RC folder and data folder must bed set so you can have full file management privileges.

5) running makerwys in the fs9 directory does nothing for rconly when you click the button in rc does it create the necessary databases for rcare you running it outside of rc?jd

>5) running makerwys in the fs9 directory does nothing for rc>>only when you click the button in rc does it create the>necessary databases for rc>>are you running it outside of rc?>>jdNope running it in RC.

>>Hi Ronzie,>>>>1.As for Ai smooth i had version V1.12 so i updated to 2.0,>i>>unchecked "user plane response" if thats what you meant, it>>was checked in my older version?>>I never found 2.0. The latest version I have announces itself>as 1.12.. I did not see a link to anything newer at the sagner>site.Hmm if you look carefully the file name is V1.2 EDIT: 1.20 not 1.12 little difference look carefully one is really 1.1 the new one is 1.2, when i overwrote the dates were different and the size too, so they are absolutely different files, he has updated it, i had mine since 2005.>>2.Makerwys i had V4.1.2, so i updated to 4.2.5. Being in the>>fs9 folder, i noticed 2 files called scenery before mega>EDDF>>installed.cfg not sure if this should be there it does seem>>like a backup but, i wonder how fs9 handles a name like>that,>>does it even look at it. I have the master scenery.cfg and>>some other scenery.bak and scenery.old i may have created>>these in case of problems with scenery, anyway i didn't>touch>>any of these. Just need to be assured anything other than>>scenery.cfg will not be looked at by fs9 or makerwys. I did>>not have one for LOWW!!>>There should be only one scenery.cfg in your FS9 folder. The>others with different extensions are backups made typically by>installers for add-on sceneries, meshes, etc. makerwys uses>only scenery.cfg with its priority list to search your scenery>to extract airport data for RC.Ok thanks for clarifying they stay as is.>>5. I guess the next step would be to run makerwys via RC?>>Yes. makerwys should always be run using the scenery rebuild>database function in RC. It starts a multistep process first>calling makerwys and after that is finished copies files to>and creates some others in your RCdata folder overwriting>older data files.Definately what i did thanks.>Here's a tip. I have a notepad created text file that contains>the path string to FS9 that the scenery rebuild requires.>There is a shortcut to it on my desktop. When the path is>requested I open that file and then highlight and copy>(ctrl-c) and then switch back to RC and set the cursor in the>path box and paste it in (ctrl-v). It saves typing that long>path each time.Figured this one out after a few attempts of being fed up.Thanks test flight coming up!

did you ever say what version of makerwys you are using?also, are you answering NO, when it asks you if this is a widefs configuration?also, are you seeing the various dialog boxes, about a4 and r4, etc. that you have to click ok?jd

>did you ever say what version of makerwys you are using?>>also, are you answering NO, when it asks you if this is a>widefs configuration?>>also, are you seeing the various dialog boxes, about a4 and>r4, etc. that you have to click ok?>>jdVersion 4.1.2 for make runways, I do click no for wide fsI do see all the boxes with a total of airports and runways!