Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

now i'm sure there is a problem AI not departing after RC install

download 4.26 from http://www.schiratti.com/files/dowson/MakeRwys.zipunzip it, and put the .exe in the root of the fs9 directorythen rebuild the rc scenery databasethen try a flight, and see what happens. if nothing improves, find the runways.txt file in the fs9 directory. it's big, but it zips up nicely.email it to mealsostart fsstart rcclick debugload a troublesome .plnclick start rcfly the flight. if the ai problems still exist, stop rc once airborne. zip up the .log file and send it to mejd

Hi jd, i'm doing some testing, i have a question about tower and position and hold, do you not tell me to takeoff if there is no departing or arriving traffic, why the position and hold. I'm pretty sure in real life they would clear me for takeoff from the hold short position.Just an observation!

we have 4 air traffic controllers, and at least 3 pilots that i can think of on the beta team.i think they would have said something.it also depends on what airport you're departing fromand it probably isn't "wrong" to position and hold, before clearing you to takeoffjd

I understand you have 4 atc and 3 pilots on the team but trust me its wrong, why would the airport matter, its not protocol to line up before departure (if no traffic), in real life i've heard from the hold short position "cleared for immediate takeoff boeing 767 on final, what your gonna position and tell him to hold..Its funny you say it depends on the airport, traffic is traffic, and position and hold is given to speed things up by having a departure aircraft takeoff while giving the command to position and hold this saves some time and by regulation another plane cannot be on the runway example you cant clear 2 planes for takeoff. So you have one get ready and when the other is airborne you clear the other for takeoff assuming you don't have to wait for a heavy and wake turbulence.I never said its wrong but if there is no traffic, he should be cleared for takeoff period you dont tell them to hold, nothing to hold for. Trust me I know! I don't have to be on the team to know!

test flight done, after i land no traffic departs, noone is cleared for takeoff, hold short is filled up with planes. noone landing.I turned off ai smooth and it seems planes started departing!some disappeared at the hold short, i guess its more than 5 mins and fs9 deletes them.

do you have the .log ready to send me? also send me the runways.txt file (zipped PLEASE) located in the fs9 directoryjd

Hi JD before i do the log, im just trouble shooting myself, i'm learning as i go along.I noticed everything worked flawlessly at a NON add on airport, default airport. HOWEVER I also loaded AI smooth after fs9 which i never did before it was always fs9 then ai smooth. So i still don't know what the culprit is. Can you tell me though if ai smooth should always be loaded after fs9 is launched? This may be the only reason and it will work even at my add on airports.

I load it before FS9 with no problems. That way it is ready to go when the arriving AI bunch up.